Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:51 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: no leadership
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:32 pm 

Sorry to re-visit a topic that has been debated here before with great emotion, but....

Health care is still a problem. What I'm left with after all the BS is that we will get no meaningful change and the power groups will win again keeping their wealth at the expense of the rest of us. If only we had a leader who just did the right thing, not the political thing

Don't have any interest in starting another emotional discussion but there is one problem that is not going to go away:

Health care cost is destroying the middle class, the economy, and the future of our country.

I see no solution and expect none now. Who gives a rat's petute which party wins this fight, we all lose. You can jump on either or both parties, but the bottom line is our government faced with a huge problem is incapable of coming to concensus. It is plainly and simply---- disfunctional. Electing new guys will not solve the problem.

Post subject: Re: no leadership
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:01 pm 

I feel your pain, sub. I just spent 103 dollars for a prescription for antibiotics :shock: . It was my own dumb fault for trying to get the "high deductible" style coverage (at least it is still saving me $ in the long run).

Seriously, I work for "a major" health insurance company based here in the 'Burgh. Everyday, the things that go on here blow my mind with the money spent on useless crap. We bought 48 Big Screen LED TV's just put in the elevator lobbies in our building so people can see statistics and community news. It is not totally the fault of the insurance companies, though. The laws governing them are just as much to blame as anything.

An example of these messed up laws:
In my department, we are required BY LAW to buy a certain percentage of our "gear" from minority owned businesses based in the state of PA. ALL of these minority owned business then proceed to jack up their prices to over 200 percent above retail prices (they all do it) because they know you have to buy it from them because of this law.

There are many more laws like this here in PA, and I am sure every other state has things that are just as bad if not worse.

Post subject: Re: no leadership
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:20 am 

The ultimate goal of capitalism is to destroy the middle class.

Anyone who thinks Bill Clinton or Ted Kennedy or Barack Obama truly care/cared about health care reform or the working class in general is not being realistic. Those guys serve the elite. The only difference between them and the Republicans is they have to fool the working class to stay in office.