Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:52 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

What do you think of estrago?
Poll ended at Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:21 pm
He is fine. I wish he posted more. 15%  15%  [ 5 ]
He is grating and should tone down the vitriol, but I just ignore his posts. 32%  32%  [ 11 ]
He is beyond irritating; he is a negative and I have him on "ignore." 24%  24%  [ 8 ]
He should be banned from this board and forced to wash Nutting's boxers. 29%  29%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 34
 Post subject: Re: Estrago poll ... what do you think?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:28 pm 

curveradio wrote:
but he's also one of the biggest whining crybabies in the NHL today and if he didn't play for the Pens, every Pens fan would see that.

one of the biggest whining crybabies in the NHL today? He and Ovechkin are the best players in the world. If you are going to call him a whinning crybaby, where is your proof? Gee I wonder if all the NHL Canada fans feel the same way?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:29 pm 

curveradio wrote:
Bucfan wrote:
We love Sidney Crosby, now that the Olympics are over.

If the United States had Sidney Crosby and the Canadians did not, the game is a blow-out, won by the US. He is that good. He has become tough as a $2 steak in winning the puck along the boards, and in winning faceoffs. Add that to his remarkable stick handling and scoring ability, and he is the best hockey player in the world.

Speak for yourself Bucfan.. no doubt he's a great talent, but he's also one of the biggest whining crybabies in the NHL today and if he didn't play for the Pens, every Pens fan would see that.

NOW... and i realy MEAN NOW ;) LETS GET CURVERRADIO BANNED..

This is UNacceptable... I agree if you are not a pens fan, you would be jalous not to have sid and the best way is to use
the negative things to show.. making it big by collecting all jalous people to do they same and say the same...

How in earth can you say this about sid.. you can dislike him.. but come on.. because he is Sid he gets every shift the toughest defenseman on him, is being chased every shift.. be real and reasonable
I do not like the way OVY shows up, but he is a heck of a hockey player...
Same as Favre.. you may not like him, but still you must admire what he does..

New Amsterdam was a Dutch settlement est. at the southern tip of Manhattan Island which served as seat of the colonial government in the New Dutch territory. It was renamed New York in honor of the then Duke of York.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:47 pm 

PiratesFan.from.NL wrote:
curveradio wrote:
Bucfan wrote:
We love Sidney Crosby, now that the Olympics are over.

If the United States had Sidney Crosby and the Canadians did not, the game is a blow-out, won by the US. He is that good. He has become tough as a $2 steak in winning the puck along the boards, and in winning faceoffs. Add that to his remarkable stick handling and scoring ability, and he is the best hockey player in the world.

Speak for yourself Bucfan.. no doubt he's a great talent, but he's also one of the biggest whining crybabies in the NHL today and if he didn't play for the Pens, every Pens fan would see that.

NOW... and i realy MEAN NOW ;) LETS GET CURVERRADIO BANNED..

This is UNacceptable... I agree if you are not a pens fan, you would be jalous not to have sid and the best way is to use
the negative things to show.. making it big by collecting all jalous people to do they same and say the same...

How in earth can you say this about sid.. you can dislike him.. but come on.. because he is Sid he gets every shift the toughest defenseman on him, is being chased every shift.. be real and reasonable
I do not like the way OVY shows up, but he is a heck of a hockey player...
Same as Favre.. you may not like him, but still you must admire what he does..

Thought that would get some attention.. I admit he is a great hockey player (top two in the game minimum) and I am a Pens fan..but I have seen the whining and crying and so have many people in the game. Doesn't mean I don't like watching him or admire his talent...same thing with LeBron James.. I am a HUGE Cavs fan..LeBron is the most complete offensive package I have ever seen (that includes MJ) on a basketball court. He's also the biggest whiner I've seen in the NBA since MJ. Maybe it's a compliment since every person I have mentioned has HOF caliber talent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:57 pm 

curveradio wrote:
but I have seen the whining and crying and so have many people in the game.

Prove it. All I have seen it one of the best players in the world who has been well beyond maturity for someone of his age. I see nothing but class an respect for Sid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:24 pm 

estrago wrote:
curveradio wrote:
but I have seen the whining and crying and so have many people in the game.

Prove it. All I have seen it one of the best players in the world who has been well beyond maturity for someone of his age. I see nothing but class an respect for Sid

I can't prove something that needs to be seen in person. If you watch the Pens play, watch his reaction whenever he gets hit into the boards (a clean hit). More often than not, he looks at the ref, whining and crying for a penalty. When Syd gets knocked off the puck, more often than not he is looking for the ref to make a call.

Is the kid classy and respectful whenever he speaks to the media? Absolutely he is. Is the kid one of the best hockey players in the world? No question he is. I'm not talking about his relationship with the media, his talent or his off the ice demeanor. I'm talking about his incessant whining on the ice whenever he is the victim of a clean hit.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:49 pm 

I will be honest... I thought Sid the kid was a bit pedestrian in the olympics. I hope that doesn't mean anything, but...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:37 am 

IA.. yeah estrago is not a Pirates fan now but he knows and cherishes the
history of the franchise, plus he's a Pittsburgher and Pens fan. That should
count for something.

I am not a Pens fan but I like Crosby a lot. Sure, he didn't shake hands after
winning the Stanley Cup but he's gone through a lot at a young age..
gotta cut him some slack.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:18 pm 

This is not possible. Just can't be. Who'da thunk it!

I find myself disagreeing with the curve-man and agreeing with the biggest... (refuse to call him names) ...of all time.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:26 pm 
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Sorry curve, you get your first :o on this. I have been watching Pens hockey the blue sweater days of the merger, and what you say is a Philly urban myth promoted by Mike Richards channeling the ghost of Bobby Clarke (well not a ghost yet, but you get the idea).

I would agree in seasons 1 and 2. But, no more. He is no worse nor better than any other star forward in the league in this regard. He certainly does not approach Ovechkin's repertoire of hurt facials.

ZM

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:10 pm 

I say keep the $50 and ban him anyway...

I'm tired of him and his antics...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:42 am 

Favre? Favre will go down as the most overrated player in the era of pro football once his boyfriends are gone from the media.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next