Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:39 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: John Murtha has died.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:55 pm 

Breaking news per CNN.

Post subject: Re: John Murtha has died.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:28 pm 

It has me a little nervous being from his hometown...He has a lot of government contract jobs in this town, many are two year deals renewed every election year, with usually some big block buster deal announced Friday before the election...

I disagreed with him on some issues, but overall he the best one man could do to keep this area alive, too bad none of the other politicians around here tried and cared like him. This is going to be an area to watch in the next few months...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:45 am 

It is a complete joke how John Murtha died. A common surgery that most medical students could perform and a high priced surgeon that John Murtha makes a mistake like that and doesn't even notice it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:10 pm 

Maybe that is why Dr's. "practice". 8-) 8-) 8-)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:44 pm 

I heard Congress is going to investigate the hospital and the Doctor...should be interesting...

Went and gave my last respects yesterday, met Mr. Murtha a couple times on a few different subjects. A very down to earth guy and was always willing to help...

It will be interesting what happens here in this district now that he is no longer there in Washington. This town could be in for some very very hard times...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:52 pm 
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Colin21 wrote:
A common surgery that most medical students could perform...

there is no such thing when you start cutting up a body. Every surgery has the chance of going south.

Gallbladders are no sure thing. My "simple" gallbladder removal went 6 extra hours because it had deteriorated into a hard mass that was almost fused to the bile duct and pancreas. The chance of panceatitis in an older fellow like Murtha is not small.

ZM

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:56 pm 

ZelieMike wrote:
Colin21 wrote:
A common surgery that most medical students could perform...

there is no such thing when you start cutting up a body. Every surgery has the chance of going south.

Gallbladders are no sure thing. My "simple" gallbladder removal went 6 extra hours because it had deteriorated into a hard mass that was almost fused to the bile duct and pancreas. The chance of panceatitis in an older fellow like Murtha is not small.

ZM

Hey ZelieMike i was just wondering how long ago yours was done and who you had yours done by. We are close to the same area and im looking for a good surgeon to do mine. I have to have mine out. I went to one surgeon and he wouldn't do it because i have colitis and he said that pumping the carbon dioxide would be too much of a risk and he wouldn't take the chance and he told me i would have to look elsewhere.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:06 pm 

There is supposed to be a news conference tomorrow where former Lt. Governor Mark Singel is going to run for the Congressional 12th District vacancy...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:48 pm 

nad69dan wrote:
There is supposed to be a news conference tomorrow where former Lt. Governor Mark Singel is going to run for the Congressional 12th District vacancy...

Don't know whether you've seen this, but today's Philadelphia Inquirer has a story suggesting that the 12th District will disappear if -- as appears likely -- the coming census confirms so many people have left Pennsylvania that it deserves to lose at least one House seat.

The URL, if you're interested in reading the piece: http://www.philly.com/inquirer/home_top_stories/20100218_Murtha_House_seat_likely_to_disappear.html