Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:29 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: NBC Journalist Tim Russert Died
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:21 pm 

Jeremy wrote:
It's hard to maintain good spelling when you're writing in anger. ;).

My goodness, I made you angry? Jeremy, it wasn't I who called you names; you did that.

How do you know I'm narrow-minded? That I'm a stereotypical conservative? That I don't believe in the exchange of ideas?

You don't; you just assume that.

I would guess that I've been around a good deal longer than you have, have lived in or traveled to more parts of the world than you have, and probably have had more life experiences than you have. I've been shot at. I've been in floods, hurricanes, and the most powerful earthquake in the history of the Western Hemisphere. I have reared two children. I've worked in mills, on college campuses, in television studios, in press boxes, in military uniform, and in newspaper offices. I've covered a plane crash, a mine cave-in, a presidential appearance, and an NBA playoff game. I've interviewed CEOs, generals, members of Congress, governors, big-city mayors, political activists, academicians, clergymen, economists, head coaches, famous athletes, big-name entertainers, best-selling authors, union presidents, illegal immigrants, other countries' prime ministers, and hundreds of ordinary people.

And you accuse me of being out of touch?

By the way, I have been trained to use an M-16 also.

We should meet sometime. You might even find that you like me.

Post subject: Re: NBC Journalist Tim Russert Died
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:35 pm 

Bob in Boston wrote:
Jeremy wrote:
It's hard to maintain good spelling when you're writing in anger. ;).

My goodness, I made you angry? Jeremy, it wasn't I who called you names; you did that.

How do you know I'm narrow-minded? That I'm a stereotypical conservative? That I don't believe in the exchange of ideas?

You don't; you just assume that.

I would guess that I've been around a good deal longer than you have, have lived in or traveled to more parts of the world than you have, and probably have had more life experiences than you have. I've been shot at. I've been in floods, hurricanes, and the most powerful earthquake in the history of the Western Hemisphere. I have reared two children. I've worked in mills, on college campuses, in television studios, in press boxes, in military uniform, and in newspaper offices. I've covered a plane crash, a mine cave-in, a presidential appearance, and an NBA playoff game. I've interviewed CEOs, generals, members of Congress, governors, big-city mayors, political activists, academicians, clergymen, economists, head coaches, famous athletes, big-name entertainers, best-selling authors, union presidents, illegal immigrants, other countries' prime ministers, and hundreds of ordinary people.

And you accuse me of being out of touch?

By the way, I have been trained to use an M-16 also.

We should meet sometime. You might even find that you like me.

I like most people Bob. The only people I generally don't like are the talking heads who want to tell me how to live my life and the big government advocates who pretend to be conservatives.

Outside of that, I'm a pretty easy going guy.