Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:15 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Green Tea Latte, Iced please
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:58 pm 

Ollie wrote:
It's interesting how we all have different preferences, metabolism, etc..

I can't stand coffee.. can't stand the smell of it even. I'm with you, Colin.. never drink pop/soda either. I don't like carbonated drinks. It really bothers my throat. So, yeah, it's pretty much water for me, too. Is it true that drinking water from plastic bottles is not good?

Any of you drink green tea? I tried it once in Japan. The lady who prepared it (my friend's elderly grandmother) made it very strong! I couldn't handle it.

Az, nad, I'm sure you and some other guys here like Joni Mitchell. I was shocked to see that Starbuck's was sponsoring her in some way.. tour maybe? She's seen as being an activist/anti-establishment, but she loves her coffee and cigarettes. I love her!

I drink Lipton green tea honey lemoned flavored all the time and i love it. That, water and ice tea are the only things i drink.
Also i have heard about bottled water being bad for you, but i can't stand city water and where we are we have wells even filtered i think it tastes funny. I used to drink Dasani water all the time and then i did notice a change in it's taste that i didn't like so i switched to Nestle Pure Life and that is all i drink now.
My dad gets on me all the time though about how bottled water is bad for you and how much better filtered well water is but i just don't like it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:46 am 

Most bottled water is simply tap water reverse osmosis'ed and filtered. Almost all unless labeled "spring". I cannot drink the tap water here in Tempe. It tastes like crap and has little floaties in it. We have a filtration system on the fridge. Interestingly enough, LA has the best tap water I have ever tasted and I drank it straight the whole weekend a couple of weeks ago. Buck was proud.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:56 pm 

Here in Johnstown, PA, there was a study done and the tap water here is supposed to be some of the best on the east coast...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:07 pm 

Az Bucco fan wrote:
Most bottled water is simply tap water reverse osmosis'ed and filtered. Almost all unless labeled "spring". I cannot drink the tap water here in Tempe. It tastes like crap and has little floaties in it. We have a filtration system on the fridge. Interestingly enough, LA has the best tap water I have ever tasted and I drank it straight the whole weekend a couple of weeks ago. Buck was proud.

That is how our well water is here, and even with the filtration system on the fridge it still isn't enough to make it taste good.