Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:25 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: I might be saying goodbye to the board for awhile soon
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:53 am 

Colin-- you seem like a likeable person. But man you need to start understanding that the rules are not for you to choose between. Especially once you have been identified as someone who wants to ignore them. Please, for your sake, toe the line for the next few years. This is offered as advice not criticism, so please don't be offended.

Life teaches us all things that help us in the future. We just need to recognize them when they happen. Hope this all turns out well for you.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:32 am 

Colin21 wrote:
Well i have to complete 12 weeks of anger management, but my probation officer violated my probation for not reporting for a year, even though last June i got Colitis and he told me i didn't need to report until i felt well. Well after that i went off to college in Illinois at Northwestern, so it was pretty hard to check in here in Beaver County. So now i have to go to court for a probation violation hearing, but the date hasn't been set yet for that.

Hah! Anger Management! I did that to, (I actually had to do it twice because I failed the first time...LOL) Ahh the good ole' days of "angry Piratefan13"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:02 pm 

Substitute2 wrote:
Colin-- you seem like a likeable person. But man you need to start understanding that the rules are not for you to choose between. Especially once you have been identified as someone who wants to ignore them. Please, for your sake, toe the line for the next few years. This is offered as advice not criticism, so please don't be offended.

Life teaches us all things that help us in the future. We just need to recognize them when they happen. Hope this all turns out well for you.

Nothing you guys say offends me. I take it all as advice. You guys know your stuff. I understand i'm just 21 and i still have alot to learn. I do think i have learned alot though from when i was 18. I know that 18 and 21 are probably categorized in the same age group, but i have grown up alot in that time frame.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:03 pm 

Piratefan13 wrote:
Colin21 wrote:
Well i have to complete 12 weeks of anger management, but my probation officer violated my probation for not reporting for a year, even though last June i got Colitis and he told me i didn't need to report until i felt well. Well after that i went off to college in Illinois at Northwestern, so it was pretty hard to check in here in Beaver County. So now i have to go to court for a probation violation hearing, but the date hasn't been set yet for that.

Hah! Anger Management! I did that to, (I actually had to do it twice because I failed the first time...LOL) Ahh the good ole' days of "angry Piratefan13"

Haha my lawyer was like it's really easy nobody fails it. How did you fail? Did you not show up a couple times?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:03 pm 

For most young people there is a tremendous change between 18 and 21. Someone once said he couldn't believe how much his father learned from the time he(the kid)was 18 until 21.

I think maybe you're on that same learning curve. Glad you got a break, use it well.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:25 pm 

Substitute2 wrote:
For most young people there is a tremendous change between 18 and 21. Someone once said he couldn't believe how much his father learned from the time he(the kid)was 18 until 21.

I think maybe you're on that same learning curve. Glad you got a break, use it well.

Yeah i am. Well i was about 14 or so I figured if i stayed away from drugs and alcohol that i would avoid making most mistakes that kids do, but even though i have always stayed away from those two things i still have made alot of mistakes.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:38 am 

Colin21 wrote:
Piratefan13 wrote:
Colin21 wrote:

Haha my lawyer was like it's really easy nobody fails it. How did you fail? Did you not show up a couple times?

I got into an argument with the Anger Management "teacher" and got thrown out. Man was I a firecracker back then. Needless to say, my First Seargent was pretty mad at me and he told me I'd better pass the second time around... or else.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:31 am 

Colin, good luck!! I only just read this thread now.

My father spent time in prison recently so we've had some experience with the courts. I hope everything works out for you.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:20 am 

Ollie wrote:
Colin, good luck!! I only just read this thread now.

My father spent time in prison recently so we've had some experience with the courts. I hope everything works out for you.

Thank you very much. Things have seemed to have worked out pretty well so far. I start my anger management classes Wednesday.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:55 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Colin21 wrote:
Thank you very much. Things have seemed to have worked out pretty well so far. I start my anger management classes Wednesday.

My advice...stop watching our beloved Pittsburgh Pirates...that can't, in any way imaginable, help your progress with your anger management classes!

11:00 AM CST
Fox Sports 1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:05 pm 

IA Pirate wrote:
Colin21 wrote:

My advice...stop watching our beloved Pittsburgh Pirates...that can't, in any way imaginable, help your progress with your anger management classes!

Just the opposite IAPirate.

Court-ordered Pirate watching serves as training for anger managment...AND....punishment!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:29 pm 

Animal wrote:
IA Pirate wrote:
Colin21 wrote:

Just the opposite IAPirate.

Court-ordered Pirate watching serves as training for anger managment...AND....punishment!

Yeah that is my punishment. I have to be a Pirate fan for life, and believe that they are going to turn things around.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:31 pm 

So how about this. This is a funny one. I started my anger management classes today, and there was a guy there that brought up how he had a meltdown when the Nate McLouth trade happen. I thought this was the funniest thing i had ever heard, he however wasn't too happy with me cracking up laughing. I think it must have been Rod Serling :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:03 am 

Good one Colin...... :)

The Pirates are my team and I want them to win soooooo much that I catch myself getting way too upset when they don't. But, it's just a game. At least I keep trying to tell myself that after all of these years! :D