Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:25 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Conan O'Brien debuts on the Tonight Show tonight
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:43 am 

I never really liked the guy but i'm gonna give him a chance tonight.

Post subject: Re: Conan O'Brien debuts on the Tonight Show tonight
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:11 am 

Well that was like a car wreck. David Letterman has to be jumping up and down happy, because his ratings are going to double.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:14 am 

I've been a Conan fan for many years, and I thought lastnight was very very funny...He had some great skits...

Come on, you didnt think him cruising in a 1992 Ford Taurus and having all the women in LA and Fabio fall in love with him was funny?

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:17 pm 

nad69dan wrote:
I've been a Conan fan for many years, and I thought lastnight was very very funny...He had some great skits...

Come on, you didnt think him cruising in a 1992 Ford Taurus and having all the women in LA and Fabio fall in love with him was funny?

I liked Conan when he did Late Night, but this just seemed like he was trying to hard. The thing i like about Leno and Letterman is that they address current events, and Conan didn't do any last night. Some of it was funny though. I liked the part where he took the Universal Studios cruiser out into the streets the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:35 pm 

Colin21 wrote:
nad69dan wrote:

I liked Conan when he did Late Night, but this just seemed like he was trying to hard. The thing i like about Leno and Letterman is that they address current events, and Conan didn't do any last night. Some of it was funny though. I liked the part where he took the Universal Studios cruiser out into the streets the best.

It was the 1st night, and wanted to give the people who have gone to sleep at 12:30 a chance to see him in action...plus he has Andy back, they were a great team...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:51 pm 

nad69dan wrote:
Colin21 wrote:
nad69dan wrote:

It was the 1st night, and wanted to give the people who have gone to sleep at 12:30 a chance to see him in action...plus he has Andy back, they were a great team...

They are good together. I was glad to see him back.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:03 am 

See I've been watching Conan since the early 90's and think he seems way more refreshed on the Tonight Show. The change (and time off) appear to have done him well. Bringing Andy back was a big plus as those two play off each other so well. I wish they'd go back to having Andy sit on the couch though.

Tonight, "In the Year 3000" bit was great. Louis-Dreyfus was kind of a bore but after having Ferrell and Hanks you knew there'd be a clunker guest soon.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:12 am 

Eddie wrote:
See I've been watching Conan since the early 90's and think he seems way more refreshed on the Tonight Show. The change (and time off) appear to have done him well. Bringing Andy back was a big plus as those two play off each other so well. I wish they'd go back to having Andy sit on the couch though.

Tonight, "In the Year 3000" bit was great. Louis-Dreyfus was kind of a bore but after having Ferrell and Hanks you knew there'd be a clunker guest soon.

Aww i missed tonights episode. I love the "in the year 2000" skits, i guess it is now 3000 but they're great. I liked Conan alot better when Andy sat beside him on the couch.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:34 am 

Colin21 wrote:
Eddie wrote:

Aww i missed tonights episode. I love the "in the year 2000" skits, i guess it is now 3000 but they're great. I liked Conan alot better when Andy sat beside him on the couch.

Yeah they turn the Year 2000 into a skit where Andy convinced Conan to update it. Now it's Year 3000 with new costumes (but still with the flashlights under their faces.)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:23 pm 

Eddie wrote:
Colin21 wrote:
Eddie wrote:

Yeah they turn the Year 2000 into a skit where Andy convinced Conan to update it. Now it's Year 3000 with new costumes (but still with the flashlights under their faces.)

Does the guy with the real high voice still say " in the year 3000"?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:02 pm 

LOL, yeah

http://www.tonightshowwithconanobrien.com/

They have the clip up. Freaking hilarious.