Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:45 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I need some opinions
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:59 pm 

I got my items that i was selling canceled on ebay today.I make a good bit per item.I have had them listed for 3 days on 10 day auctions and i had about 20 watchers on each and about 15-20 bids per item which made the price of one item well over $100 already and it was probably going to be my biggest seller yet and the others were at about $25 already(that is where they usually are after 3 days) but ebay canceled them and said it was because of Shill bidding(which i do do in the last day of the auctions and i know is a violation) but i did not do it to these auctions because they were already up as high as i would have liked them to get to.I didn't do anything wrong on these auctions and they are saying i did.In listing fees this cost me almost $20 and the money that these figures would have brought me.Do i have a case against them and should i call my lawyer.I wanted to ask you guys and especially Wilton first because i know he is a law student and to go even meet with my lawyer about this is going to cost me $200.I advertise locally and they said because i have to many local bidders that it is in violation of their terms of use.

Post subject: Re: I need some opinions
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:10 am 

My advice? Don't ask a law student for legal advice. I'm not qualified to give it.

Post subject: Re: I need some opinions
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:20 am 

Willton wrote:
My advice? Don't ask a law student for legal advice. I'm not qualified to give it.

haha thanks.i am gonna go ahead and go see my lawyer tuesday because even though i did commit this act, the auction on which they are saying i did it on is one that i didn't do it on.So my lie is still alive! :D