Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:12 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Scotch Thread...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:07 pm 
 WWW  YIM  Profile

thought it might fun to take this out of the baseball forum... though I cannot figure out why ANYONE would be upset about talking scotch in a baseball forum. They go together like hot dogs and mustard. But I digress...

My personal fav is Dalwynnie (sp?). But, at $54 a bottle or so, I keep it to a very minimum.

One of my best "affordable" scotches is Oban followed by any number of Macallen years.

I'm a highlander kinda guy.

ZM

Post subject: Re: The Scotch Thread...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:26 pm 

Well ZM-- I try to stay away from scotch. In fact I try to stay away from anything stronger then beer. Problem is that I drink it like it's beer and pretty soon I'm in trouble. When I was younger, I acquired a taste for it and while I never got into the real good stuff, I like Johnnie Walker Red and Black, and Cutty.

The big advantage is with only water or ice the next day is much easier cause the hangover is non existant.

Post subject: Re: The Scotch Thread...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:37 pm 

ZelieMike wrote:
thought it might fun to take this out of the baseball forum... though I cannot figure out why ANYONE would be upset about talking scotch in a baseball forum. They go together like hot dogs and mustard. But I digress...

My personal fav is Dalwynnie (sp?). But, at $54 a bottle or so, I keep it to a very minimum.

One of my best "affordable" scotches is Oban followed by any number of Macallen years.

I'm a highlander kinda guy.

ZM

Dalwhinnie is quite a light Malt Whisky, very pleasant too, although the price you are being charged sounds a little excessive unless it is seriously aged.
I have been to the distillery in Oban. They were very generous with their samples and I left slightly the 'worse for wear'.
You would enjoy a visit to a Pub I know, that stocks every Single Malt known to man - you'd be amazed how many there are.