Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:46 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Explanation needed about this boards tolerance
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:18 am 

Well at least Argentum answered one of the questions in a sarcastic manner. Notice how the others were not.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:57 am 

BH, if you don't know what you did that fell into that link's description of a troll, then we can't help you. Find a new board to harass.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:18 am 

Argentum wrote:
estrago wrote:
What would BH have to say if the Pirates started to win?

He'd say that they could be winning more games if Nutting wasn't skimming some of the profits, and the fans weren't allowing him to do so by enabling. Then he'd go post something about how great the Pens or the Steelers are in the "Other Sports" forum, and finally stop by the "Watering Hole" to let everyone know Frank Zappa is the greatest musician of all time, Jazz fusion doesn't suck, it just requires a higher level of intelligence to understand.

Did I miss anything?

You forgot the much-beloved, apocryphal $50 Bertie purportedly owes him, and his repeated stories re: how he got to cast votes for the baseball HOF.

I think my all-time favorite BH post, though, was when he equated Pirates "enablers" with the victims of the VaTech massacre [edit: in a manner, I should add, that suggested that the VaTech students were somehow culpable for getting themselves shot]. Classy!

Small ball is the hobgoblin of small minds.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:29 pm 

Argentum wrote:
Colin21 wrote:
Sorry to put an off topic question out there but i thought somebody here might know.someone close 2 me is running a scam on ebay where they list items and they have 2 names and they outbid the people that bid on their items from their second name to make the price go way up.Is there anyway they could see that that person is the same person and doing it from the same computer.cause this person could be in some reeeeeeeal trouble if they can?

Short answer: yes.

Short answer:Oh boy

Somebody might not be around this board much longer if ebay catches on.lol

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:15 pm 

They absolutely can.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:59 pm 

Az Bucco fan wrote:
They absolutely can.

I wonder why they haven't done anything yet?
Can they not know because the other account was my girlfriends and she made it when she still lived by herself on her own computer but she lives with me now and i use that account to outbid people when they bid on my auctions.It makes it skyrocket to.So if i don't get caught its worth it but if i do i'm going to play dumb and be like WHHHHHHAAAAAATTTT i didn't know that was illegal and if that doesn't work a few tears about bad economic times should help.But if i quit posting you know the feds took me away.lol

The FED's are coming The FED's are coming :o

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:17 pm 

It's not illegal. It's a violation of eBay's TOS. Basically, if they figure it out, they will ban you and your GFs account.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:28 pm 

Nail on the head Bucco Boy. I know a guy who had just that happen.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:25 pm 

bucco boy wrote:
It's not illegal. It's a violation of eBay's TOS. Basically, if they figure it out, they will ban you and your GFs account.

Ok good thats good to know.I got sick of other people doing it and there item going way up.It may sound silly to most but there is a huge profit in the business, i make custom wrestling figures and i sell on ebay and at comic book conventions.The figures can range anywhere from about $15-$700 depending on how good it is done and how in demand it is.I got tired of mine going for $50 and seeing other people make $700 on them because they have 2 or 3 accounts and there item getting listed in toyfair magazine over mine when i think mine are just as good.They would make the starting bid then outbid it with another account until it gained popularity and then they would get some other people to bid on them and keep outbidding them to get it to go way up.I feel bad for doing it because i do sell to alot of kids but i've never had anybody that wasn't happy with what they recieved for the price they bought it for.
But at the comic book conventions i sell alot of other things just besides wrestling figures.I sell authentic sports jerseys all kinds of trading cards and then some other random yardsale-like stuff, but i'm going to have a booth at the Steel City Convention at the Pittsburgh Indoor Sports Arena(PISA) in April so if anybody is near that stop on by and say hello!