Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:15 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Explanation needed about this boards tolerance
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:02 pm 

bradf wrote:
Why did I just get a mental picture of the manager of the Mets who snuck back into the dugout with a cheesy mustache disguise?

Thats funny :)

And why did I just get a mental picture of Bull buying a new computer and moving into a new apartment?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:16 pm 

You guys who add pictures to your posts have your assignments.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:30 pm 

bradf wrote:
Why did I just get a mental picture of the manager of the Mets who snuck back into the dugout with a cheesy mustache disguise?

Attachment:
valentine0609.jpg
valentine0609.jpg [ 9.14 KiB | Viewed 331 times ]

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:38 pm 

Tada....

Attachments:
moustache5.jpg
moustache5.jpg [ 62.42 KiB | Viewed 318 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:41 pm 

Yikes! Im sleeping with the lights on tonight.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:42 pm 

Moustache ride?

Attachments:
mario_mustache_rides_YELLOW.jpg
mario_mustache_rides_YELLOW.jpg [ 140.91 KiB | Viewed 312 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:27 pm 

I would also like to know why Elmer was banned, seeing as his views of this place being a haven for Huntington/Coonelly apologists aren't dissimiliar from my own. Does this mean I'm next? If this is the case, that's pretty pathetic that you ban the guy just because you disagree with his views. Bullish is one thing, I don't mind the guy one way or another, in fact I find it pretty entertaining the way he works everyone up on here, but I never considered Elmer to be a troll.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:31 pm 

omgardd wrote:
Bullish is one thing, I don't mind the guy one way or another, in fact I find it pretty entertaining the way he works everyone up on here.

Well if working someone up is your cup of tea, then you must appreciate why so many of us get a kick out of the moderator's decision to ban him, because it must be driving him stark raving nuts.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:49 pm 

Whatever. I don't care one way or the other. However it is censoring another's point of view just because it is an opposing one. It's not like the guy was posting spam.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:52 pm 

omgardd wrote:
Whatever. I don't care one way or the other. However it is censoring another's point of view just because it is an opposing one. It's not like the guy was posting spam.

Yknow what, my friend, thats just not right. Im sorry. It was clearly NOT his intention to simply present an opposing POV. When you offer the same post 100s of times, that ONE thought, its clear your intention is to simply troll and annoy behind the cowards cover of the internet.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:55 am 

omgardd wrote:

Nobody views are being censored. If that was the case, wouldn't you be gone if you were anti-management? There is an expected behavior on this board. That is why people are shown the door. It doesn't happen often. But it is the decision of the moderators to do what they feel what is right. Free speech does not apply to this board. It is a private board that we can run as we see fit.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:04 am 

The moderator has a right to ban anyone as it's his board. I disagree with the decision. Anybody here could have ignored Bullish's posts. True, he can be a jerk, but he livened up things around here on occasion, and he was one poster who wasn't too cool to talk to me. I'm more put off by posters who have ignored me personally because I don't know as much about the game and behind the scenes stuff. I enjoy watching Pirates baseball. I still support the team and would go to games and buy jerseys if I had any money.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:01 pm 

Sorry to put an off topic question out there but i thought somebody here might know.someone close 2 me is running a scam on ebay where they list items and they have 2 names and they outbid the people that bid on their items from their second name to make the price go way up.Is there anyway they could see that that person is the same person and doing it from the same computer.cause this person could be in some reeeeeeeal trouble if they can?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:09 pm 

Colin21 wrote:
Sorry to put an off topic question out there but i thought somebody here might know.someone close 2 me is running a scam on ebay where they list items and they have 2 names and they outbid the people that bid on their items from their second name to make the price go way up.Is there anyway they could see that that person is the same person and doing it from the same computer.cause this person could be in some reeeeeeeal trouble if they can?

Short answer: yes.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:48 pm 

Not defending Bull and glad he's gone, but I'm not at all for banning people who simply disagree. It seems to me that the constant same argument is not acceptable behavior on any board. They appear to be just intended to upset everyone ... over and over with the same thing.

I do hope that the power to exclude people be used sparingly, because I think we need to keep an atmosphere that is condusive to all opinions even if they are way out in most people's minds.

In other words, I think you should have the right to post your thoughts even though you are wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:57 pm 

We basically have free speech on this board. Disagreement will not get you banned. It is a normal part of the discourse. Ad nauseum repetitve posting by itself will not get you banned.

What got bullish banned was the extreme repetitive posting combined with an extremely antagonistic tone. He made you hate him, on purpose, and he seriously degraded the quality of the board, on purpose.

In short, he was (is) a troll.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:28 pm 

Substitute2 wrote:
Not defending Bull and glad he's gone, but I'm not at all for banning people who simply disagree. It seems to me that the constant same argument is not acceptable behavior on any board. They appear to be just intended to upset everyone ... over and over with the same thing.

I do hope that the power to exclude people be used sparingly, because I think we need to keep an atmosphere that is condusive to all opinions even if they are way out in most people's minds.

In other words, I think you should have the right to post your thoughts even though you are wrong.

I've been around since 2005 and this is the 1st I remember anyone getting banned...

Its one thing to have a disagreement of opinions but theres a line where you're just trying to stir everyone up just to get your jollies and throw out the insults, but he was the 1st to complain about the name calling when it was given back to him...

Where was he during a 4 or 5 game winning streak? He wasnt here talking bashing ownership or anyone, but once a 5 game losing streak started he was here all the time...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:51 pm 

So, if I look up troll in the dictionary, I would see a picture of Bull?

Always nice to keep up on vocabulary enhancements.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:29 pm 
 WWW  YIM  Profile

nad69dan wrote:
... I've been around since 2005 and this is the 1st I remember anyone getting banned...

Newbie.

Ah, for the days of Gary and VOR.... aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh.

Those were the days when there was only one apologist on this board according to board consensus... and that was me.

ZM

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:35 pm 

LOL ZM. Gary made these guys look like Tinkerbell.