Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:27 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My vote is decided
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:20 pm 

After reading carefully what's going on, I am fairly convinced that Obama will win PA. Although if I had to choose between the two, I would vote for Obama because I think he will change more things for the better then John McCain. With that said, I do like John McCain. I wish he would have been elected 8 years ago because I think our country would be in a better place.

My vote will be a write-in for Ron Paul. I truly believe this country needs a third party, but I also think Ron Paul's thinking is the direction this nation really needs to go towards. This will be the third time I have voted for someone besides the Dem/GOP candidate in the general election.

For the record, in the state races, I will be voting for two Democrats and three Republicans for various positions including congress, auditor general, state treasurer, attorney general and state congress. I am voting all but one of the incumbents out.

Post subject: Re: My vote is decided
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:36 pm 

I had been planning to vote for a third party candidate as well, though lately I am beginning to have second thoughts. Four years ago I wrote in Nader (he wasn't on Ohio's ballot.)

Now I am hearing some of my favorite activists (Howard Zinn, Noam Chomsky) saying that supporting third party candidates is not practical. The electoral system always comes to play. Even my favorite (Michael Parenti) always votes for the lesser of two evils.

I see pros and cons to either possibility.. Obama or Mc Cain. It's like this year's World Series.. not rooting for either side.