Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:24 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Olympics..................
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:11 am 

I have been waiting to post wondering if anyone has been watching the Olympics.
Some notes of interest to me.

1. Can anyone understand what Bela Karoly is saying when he talks with Bob Costas. I know I can't.

2. The guy running around in mid air around the top of the stadium during the opening ceremony was amazing.

3. I am a big fireworks fan. Any kind. However, with the news that some of the fireworks were digitally produced, how do we know which were real and which were not?

4. The female Chinese gymnasts are not 16, I don't care what the government says. Look at their teeth, they are not fully mature adult teeth. They are kids teeth. If you don't believe me, look close.

5. I feel bad for the American girl Scarsone who had problems last night. She is taking way more grief than she should. The two that followed her did no better. It was a team effort.

6. I love beach volleyball, especially the girls. There's a surprise eh? And how about the Asian dancing girls cheering on the sideline?

7. The American divers are getting better but they are not quite there yet. It is cool seeing some of the guys that No. 2 son dove against. In four more years they will be that much better. In this case, it is a benefit to be a Bucs fan. Just have to wait 4 years.

8. Some people should not be on HD TV. Bob Costas hair for one.

9. Michael Phelps is amazing and a nice guy too. 2 years ago when No. 2 was recovering from his shattered foot, he came to the ASU pool to shoot a Speedo commercial and gave him one of his swim caps and autographed it too. Pretty cool!

10. I am looking forward to Track and Field. I like it all but especially the field events like the hammer throw and the javelin closely followed by the relays.

Enjoy!

Post subject: Re: Olympics..................
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:56 pm 

I have not watched any of it. I lost interest a while ago. It is one thing when you have a ref or umpire make calls, it is another with subjective judging for diving, gymnastics, figure skating & boxing etc... Should it surprise you if ages of particpants are doctored up? Are you going to watch the Bills/Steelers instead? :D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:11 pm 
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Az Bucco fan wrote:

10. I am looking forward to Track and Field. I like it all but especially the field events like the hammer throw and the javelin closely followed by the relays.

Enjoy!

What? No bagpipes, kilts nor caber toss? Its a joke I tell ya!

:D

ZM

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:02 pm 

Phelps is amazing, someone needs to check him for gills...

Being a former wrestler, I enjoy the wrestling...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:16 pm 

I have Fox Sports Net Pittsburgh but I don't know if the NFL will click it off outside of Pittsburgh. We have quite a contingent of Bills fans here in the valley of the sun.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:18 am 

Az Bucco fan wrote:
I have Fox Sports Net Pittsburgh but I don't know if the NFL will click it off outside of Pittsburgh. We have quite a contingent of Bills fans here in the valley of the sun.
I flipped the dial during the thrilling Pgh/Buf game and watched a little of the beach V Ball. Great first set game by the US girls. It was not exactly S.I. swimsuit babes but not the dog pound either

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:51 am 

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/olympics/2008/writers/michael_farber/08/18/liu.xiang/index.html?eref=T1

One of China's poster boys has come up lame. Can't say I'm too sad for them. The US has had a terrible meet to this point.