Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:26 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Super Bowl Predictions?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:38 pm 

I was figuring on a close game that could go either way for most of the last two weeks. Then I found out that the Packers defense allows 4.7 yards per carry. Unless the Steelers have a very bad day with turnovers or special teams, this game will not be close.

Steelers 34, Packers 21.

MVP: Mendenhall.

Post subject: Re: Super Bowl Predictions?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:01 am 

I really have no idea who will win and I don't want to make a homer pick.

The only thing I will guess with any type of confidence is that the final score will be a four point difference.

24-20, 27-23, 31-27...

The final drive will make or break the game.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:32 am 

Well I thank god I mentioned turnovers, lol.

Congratulations to all the board's Packer fans.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:42 am 

NSMaster56 wrote:
The final drive will make or break the game.

I hate it when I'm right...

I wish BB had thrown to Moore over the middle on 3rd and 5 instead of forcing it deep.

Oh well.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:05 am 

Tough loss. But it just wasn't the Steelers' night. From the coin toss, this one didn't feel right. It's tempting to think that if Roethlisberger hadn't thrown the pick-6, they might have won, 25-24. Then again, maybe not; there was too little consistency -- on either side of the ball.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:15 pm 

I am just listening to Colin Cowherd (who I can't really stand) and the second thing he talked about was the bad officiating and how it all went against Green Bay. Anyone else see it that way or is he just drinking? I didn't hear one peep about it on Mike and Mike.

I think Cowherd has jumped the shark. Turning to Dan Patrick now.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:04 pm 

There was a facemask penalty called against Green Bay that was a bad call. That's the only one I noticed.

I agree with you Bob, this never felt like it was going to be a Steeler's victory. The karma just wasn't there. It was someone else's turn.

I'm happy though because I won 1200 bucks on an office pool on the final score. My brother won 1000 with the same numbers on a different pool.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:46 pm 

bucco boy wrote:
I am just listening to Colin Cowherd (who I can't really stand) and the second thing he talked about was the bad officiating and how it all went against Green Bay. Anyone else see it that way or is he just drinking? I didn't hear one peep about it on Mike and Mike.

I think Cowherd has jumped the shark. Turning to Dan Patrick now.

The phantom facemask and GB's failed challenge were probably what he was referring to.

Personally, since neither of those plays effected the final score or outcome, I fail to see why they matter.

Really, none of it matters, because Cowherd's an ass and haters are going to hate.

It was a great game, except for the outcome.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:21 pm 

He mentioned those, but I thought the face mask was the only call that stood out and you can easily say the Steelers got jobbed in the first half when one of their players got horse-collared and it wasn't called.

I haven't heard one other talking head talk about the officiating so that tells you where Cowherd is.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:47 pm 

bucco boy wrote:
He mentioned those, but I thought the face mask was the only call that stood out and you can easily say the Steelers got jobbed in the first half when one of their players got horse-collared and it wasn't called.

That was Mendenhall, on an attempted sweep right. It was obvious, and Mendenhall lobbied for a flag. But to no avail.

On balance, though, the questionable calls -- as well as noncalls -- didn't affect the outcome. Green Bay just flat played a better game. One of the Steelers (Ryan Clark, maybe?) pretty much got it right when he said something like, "They were a hair faster than we were all night."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:37 pm 

Bob in Boston wrote:
bucco boy wrote:

That was Mendenhall, on an attempted sweep right. It was obvious, and Mendenhall lobbied for a flag. But to no avail.

On balance, though, the questionable calls -- as well as noncalls -- didn't affect the outcome. Green Bay just flat played a better game. One of the Steelers (Ryan Clark, maybe?) pretty much got it right when he said something like, "They were a hair faster than we were all night."

That's what I thought too, Bob. But Cowherd said all the calls went against the Packers.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:40 pm 

bucco boy wrote:
Bob in Boston wrote:
bucco boy wrote:

That's what I thought too, Bob. But Cowherd said all the calls went against the Packers.

Cowherd's an idiot.