All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Who do you want to win?
Packers 27%  27%  [ 4 ]
Steelers 73%  73%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 15
 Post subject: Re: Super Bowl XLV Packers vs Steelers
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:50 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Less than an hour to kickoff...GO PACK GO!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:54 pm 

Go Pack, Go!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:15 am 

Steelers played really poorly. Ben was off target all game. The defense could not stop the dump-off to Nelson over the middle. The Mendenhall fumble was horrendous. The overthrow of a wide open Mike Wallace that would have put the Steelers up 24-21 was a kick in the balls.

Just a shit game. I feel like October, 1992 ...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:20 am 
 WWW  Profile

Bucfan wrote:
Steelers played really poorly. Ben was off target all game. The defense could not stop the dump-off to Nelson over the middle. The Mendenhall fumble was horrendous. The overthrow of a wide open Mike Wallace that would have put the Steelers up 24-21 was a kick in the balls.

Saying that is a disservice to how well the game was played. The Packers forced many of the Steelers mistakes. You can also say the Packers could have really poured it on had they not dropped so many balls. That being said...

WHEW!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:40 am 

Bucfan wrote:

Rodgers was just too good. Having said that...the Steelers sure had chances and gave away a ton of points with TO's. Sucks, but not as bad as 1992. Then you just knew it was going to be a long time(who could've dreamed this long) for the Pirates to get back. The Steelers, with the right moves(which they usually make), could get back as soon as next season. A cornerback to play opposite Taylor, another Offensive Lineman, and some health and I think they may be even better...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:44 am 

PirateParrot wrote:
Bucfan wrote:

Rodgers was just too good. Having said that...the Steelers sure had chances and gave away a ton of points with TO's. Sucks, but not as bad as 1992. Then you just knew it was going to be a long time(who could've dreamed this long) for the Pirates to get back. The Steelers, with the right moves(which they usually make), could get back as soon as next season. A cornerback to play opposite Taylor, another Offensive Lineman, and some health and I think they may be even better...

Isn't Taylor a FA?

That aside, I agree. My ETA for another Steelers SB was next year, so I'm not crying.

Get healthy (Smith/Pouncey/OL) and add an OL and the Steelers can absolutely win it all next year.

Congrats cheeseheads on a well played game and ring #4. Hope to see you again next year, but with a different result!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:21 pm 

Rodgers was better than Ben and three turnovers. That was the bottom line in the game. There was no other issues in the big picture. Think about it. The Steelers had the ball with a chance to win the game despite that. As IA and most Packer fans should say, WHEW! Packers deserved to win, but the Steelers showed a lot of guts.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:53 pm 
 WWW  YIM  Profile

I found it to be an interesting game. Certainly not horribly played at all.

The cliche a "game of inches" certainly applied last night. For example, TP was in position twice to make big plays, including a pick six, but fingertip deflection by GB receivers moved ball off him.

Tayler and Gay needed to be 1/4" taller, or fraction second quicker to deflect big balls. Or, Maybe Rogers is THAT good.

Certainly not Steelers best game, but not their worst. Same can be said of Pack with all the drops.

For all of the panting, raving and hollering about how teams use spread out to beat the Steelers, most everyone who does this, ends up holding on to win or the Steeler's being in position to win (All things Patriots excepted). GB, Saints, and others. Put up some yardage, but need turnovers or other Steeler mistakes to actually win.

Can't complain too much when you have the ball, 2 minutes and down by 6.

ZM

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:05 pm 

Yeah have to agree, we just got beat. All three turnovers fall into the "forced" catergory with their D making big plays and ours just playing well. One or two plays either way and we celebrate, a tough loss indeed. A lot like the 1995 game, that whole second half felt eerily similar when we were within 1 score but couldn't get the big play, then turnover #3 ...