Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:01 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: THE KHL
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:28 am 

Hi Everyone Interested..

Last Saturday, 4th of May. i visited Dynamo Minsk Hockey Club..

This is this years Leading Team in the KHL.. I never been to an NHL Game or seen an NHL Colloseum.. so i would like
to share my few video's i made last saturday.. I was shocked how modern and super the Arena in Minsk Looked...

http://en.khl.ru/standings/

Here's my footage:

- Impression of the Arena

- The teams and Russian Anthem, belorussian anthem somehow was not on it.. :s
( as i was uploading, youtube went on maintenance, so i hope it will fixx automatic a little later..

after 1-1 tie & Overtime, the shootout Dynamo Won, ow after 1.43 i turn phone correct :s

Dynamo's Goalkeeper was Robbert Esche... was he ever in the NHL, he played a superb game
Fun to see Petr Sykora play in real, also Josef Stumpel & Jeff Pratt

hope u guys like it

New Amsterdam was a Dutch settlement est. at the southern tip of Manhattan Island which served as seat of the colonial government in the New Dutch territory. It was renamed New York in honor of the then Duke of York.

Post subject: Re: THE KHL
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:54 am 

Awesome stuff.

I've looked up info on the KHL and it seems like a legit hockey league. They're really trying to compete with the NHL.

And I believe Esche played for the Coyotes (and possibly the Flyers?) here in the States.

Sykora was a Duck, Devil and Pen (and quite good for all) while Stumpel was a King and Bruin (solid 30-40 point contributor).

I hear Jagr and Yashin and a few other ex-top-NHL prospects like Denis Shivdki (sp?) and Nik Zherdev are in the league, too.

Sounds like I may have to find a way to follow this crazy sport.

Post subject: Re: THE KHL
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:07 pm 

Funny, I went to a hockey game a couple weeks ago when I was in Germany. Similar experience. Relatively new arena, absolutely crazy fans. It was interesting that there is a standing room only section behind each net, extending from the glass to about 20 seating rows back, and it was PACKED on both ends with fans with flags, drums, horns, etc. And apparently fire code does not prohibit 18,000 fans from taking sparklers into an arena and lighting them all at the same time, all while in varying states of inebriation. And this enthusiasm was for a last place team. It was an amazingly fun time. Made Pens fans look like a knitting circle.

Alas, the hometown Kolner Haie lost 4-2 after rallying from a 3-0 deficit to bring it to 3-2 before an empty netter sealed the game. They were backstopped by former New York Islander Wade Dubi-somethingorother. No other former NHLers that I recognized on the hometown team, and they never introduced the visiting team roster.