Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:10 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Backyard Brawl - Big East/Panthers Musings
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:06 pm 

I'm just posting this to get it off my chest...I don't post on pantherlair.com or the Scout forums for the Panthers because I just get pissed due to too many idiots on there. I do enjoy reading the threads from time to time but wanted to post a rant here.

I'm really tired of this Panthers team. I'm a huge Pitt fan and have been supportive of Wannstedt but I am about at the end of the road with the guy.

It's been two days since we played USF and I am still unhappy about that game and still fuming about the UConn loss the week before. I got over the Bowling Green loss from two years ago quicker than this UConn loss and I probably got over the Cincinnati loss last year a little quicker as well. I just can't shake the anger from this loss off, though.

There is a lot of talk about this Pitt team being more talented than the opposition on most weeks (save Notre Dame and Miami). I agree with that. I think with the talent level that Wannstedt has raked in over the years he should be able to pull away from USF and UConn. He's lucky he has more talent than the opposition, too, because if he didn't USF would have won that game. I would HATE to see a Wannstedt team that doesn't have more talent than most of the opposition because they would probably never win.

What's wrong with making adjustments? How can you allow UConn to run right up the middle on a 4th and 1 play on their own 20 or so yardline which allows them to seal the victory? How can you NOT stack the box on that play? What was he thinking?

How can a team that plays so conservatively expect to win when they rack up enough penalty yards each game to cover the field twice? Why can't Sunseri go an entire game without getting flagged for a delay of game? He's already racked up more delay of game penalties this season than I have seen in all other football games I've watched this season. What the hell?

How can you leave Reed in against USF when he got flagged for FOUR pass interference penalties? That's 60 yards of offense that were HANDED to USF. What the hell? Then in the press conference you say: 'one of them we weren't really sure about.' Huh? What about the other three? They were pretty obvious.

Can we go a week without a blaring special teams mistake? How can we justify Harper kicking FGs? He was 15/20 on the season before last week and he has another miss bringing his total to 16/22 (I think). That's approximately 72%. What the hell? We have another kicker on our team...apparently Dave forgets that despite the fact that he kicks off.

Despite all of this, there's an opportunity to win the Big East if we can beat WVU this weekend. I can't be there, sadly, but if I was going I would be nervous as hell. I just don't have any faith in this coaching staff to have the players ready and to put them in positions to win the game. WVU isn't any better and their coaching is probably worse so perhaps this rivalry should be called Cripple Fight this year.

I feel a lot better now...