Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:57 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: No Criminal Charges Against Ben
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:24 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:21 am
Posts: 5384
BB needs to be suspended at least two games. Too many accusations flying around in my book to write his [supposed] actions off as 'overblown' or 'nothing'.

I'll take my chances w/ Dennis Dixon if it means showing some discipline to a superstar like Roethlisberger.

I don't know what his problem is. Perhaps his motorcycle accident jarred his brain loose?

Inexcusable (repeated) behavior and something must be done to make sure he doesn't get into another such situation ever again.

_________________
Rage, rage against the regression of the light.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: No Criminal Charges Against Ben
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:01 pm
Posts: 7196
It is very possible this is from his motorcycle wreck, brain injuries are dangerous...

The company that made Big Ben's Beef Jerkey dropped him today too...

_________________
I say keep the $50 and ban him anyway...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: No Criminal Charges Against Ben
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:11 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:46 am
Posts: 3503
Location: Economy, PA
I don't think his brain injury was all that serious. He may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer but he's not that dumb.

He's just arrogant, spoiled, and kind of a jerk. He's too cool or lazy or whatever to properly date a girl. He just wants to be the big shot running around with his buddies getting drunk and then expects some girl he just met to have sex with him because he's Ben Roethlisberger.

I'm fine with him being suspended and I agree he needs to stop doing this shit, but I still want him as my quarterback.

And another thing I wonder about. The DA said he provided shots for his party including this underage girl. Why wasn't he prosecuted for that?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: No Criminal Charges Against Ben
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:52 pm
Posts: 4822
Location: Pittsburgh
Ralphie wrote:
I don't think his brain injury was all that serious. He may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer but he's not that dumb.

He's just arrogant, spoiled, and kind of a jerk. He's too cool or lazy or whatever to properly date a girl. He just wants to be the big shot running around with his buddies getting drunk and then expects some girl he just met to have sex with him because he's Ben Roethlisberger.

I'm fine with him being suspended and I agree he needs to stop doing this shit, but I still want him as my quarterback.

And another thing I wonder about. The DA said he provided shots for his party including this underage girl. Why wasn't he prosecuted for that?

Not defending Ben here at all, but my question is why does the state of Georgia permit bars to allow underage people in the door in the first place?

_________________
"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: No Criminal Charges Against Ben
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:42 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:21 am
Posts: 5384
nad69dan wrote:
It is very possible this is from his motorcycle wreck, brain injuries are dangerous...

The company that made Big Ben's Beef Jerkey dropped him today too...


:shock: Now that's a sex joke waiting to happen.

_________________
Rage, rage against the regression of the light.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: No Criminal Charges Against Ben
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:21 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:30 pm
Posts: 6169
sisyphus wrote:
why does the state of Georgia permit bars to allow underage people in the door in the first place?


I didn't know they did. I thought the bar allows underage people in.
8-) 8-) 8-)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: No Criminal Charges Against Ben
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:31 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:01 pm
Posts: 7196
Ralphie wrote:
I don't think his brain injury was all that serious. He may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer but he's not that dumb.

He's just arrogant, spoiled, and kind of a jerk. He's too cool or lazy or whatever to properly date a girl. He just wants to be the big shot running around with his buddies getting drunk and then expects some girl he just met to have sex with him because he's Ben Roethlisberger.

I'm fine with him being suspended and I agree he needs to stop doing this shit, but I still want him as my quarterback.

And another thing I wonder about. The DA said he provided shots for his party including this underage girl. Why wasn't he prosecuted for that?


I happen to think all brain injuries are serious...You get jarred in a motorcycle accident with no helmet and hit a car, and then add the concussions he has had, there is a very likely chance this is something to do with his injury...

My brother was hit by a car a few years ago on his bike (bicycle) while he did have a helmet on...There was some brain damage. He has a very short temper and can get upset over very minor things like they were major things. I dont know enough about Ben's case but if he had a major injury to the head, which I believe he did, personalities can change, tempers shorten, and attitudes change...

_________________
I say keep the $50 and ban him anyway...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: No Criminal Charges Against Ben
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:00 am 
Offline
User avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:24 pm
Posts: 4080
Location: Zelienople, PA
sisyphus wrote:
Not defending Ben here at all, but my question is why does the state of Georgia permit bars to allow underage people in the door in the first place?


Count me as shocked, SHOCKED I SAY that gambling... errr, underage drinking is going on in a college town! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

As for an NFL suspension. For what? Unproven allegations? I know of no known past suspension for... looking bad.

I'm thinking this one will fall on the Rooney's for conduct unbecoming the team. If the league suspends him, the union will file suit immediately.

ZM

_________________
Someone tell Votto... rbis are good


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: No Criminal Charges Against Ben
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:17 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:01 pm
Posts: 7196
I believe the reports said she had a fake ID...

and was a big reason things werent going to move on because they were probably going to go after her for that too...That and the state of Georgia didn't have the funds to go to court on this because of all the budget cuts

_________________
I say keep the $50 and ban him anyway...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: No Criminal Charges Against Ben
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:52 pm
Posts: 4822
Location: Pittsburgh
ZelieMike wrote:
sisyphus wrote:
Not defending Ben here at all, but my question is why does the state of Georgia permit bars to allow underage people in the door in the first place?


Count me as shocked, SHOCKED I SAY that gambling... errr, underage drinking is going on in a college town! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

As for an NFL suspension. For what? Unproven allegations? I know of no known past suspension for... looking bad.

I'm thinking this one will fall on the Rooney's for conduct unbecoming the team. If the league suspends him, the union will file suit immediately.

ZM

That isn't what I'm talking about. Of course there is underage drinking going on. I'm asking why it's legal in Georgia for bars to admit people who are underage in the first place. That is the law down there. At least make them go through the time honored Pennsylvania practice of obtaining a fake I.D.

_________________
"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: No Criminal Charges Against Ben
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:52 pm
Posts: 4822
Location: Pittsburgh
nad69dan wrote:
I believe the reports said she had a fake ID...

and was a big reason things werent going to move on because they were probably going to go after her for that too...That and the state of Georgia didn't have the funds to go to court on this because of all the budget cuts

I didn't see that report. My uncle lives near Milledgeville, and he told my mom that bars can admit underage patrons. They stamp their hands or something, and they are not supposed to be served alcoholic beverages, but still, that's just asking for trouble.

Of course, it's entirely possible that my uncle is wrong about the law, but he seemed pretty confident that he knew what he was talking about.

_________________
"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: No Criminal Charges Against Ben
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:42 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 9:17 pm
Posts: 1163
sisyphus wrote:
nad69dan wrote:
I believe the reports said she had a fake ID...

and was a big reason things werent going to move on because they were probably going to go after her for that too...That and the state of Georgia didn't have the funds to go to court on this because of all the budget cuts

I didn't see that report. My uncle lives near Milledgeville, and he told my mom that bars can admit underage patrons. They stamp their hands or something, and they are not supposed to be served alcoholic beverages, but still, that's just asking for trouble.

Of course, it's entirely possible that my uncle is wrong about the law, but he seemed pretty confident that he knew what he was talking about.



This is what I've heard and I'm not at all surprised. Local talk radio down here has been painting the girl as an innocent babe in the woods who had no guilt whatsoever in the event.

Edit: I don't want that to sound like I'm excusing Roethlisberger. I think he's a louse. But I also realize he's a football player and, as a group, they a track record of some really lousy behavior.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: No Criminal Charges Against Ben
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:45 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:11 pm
Posts: 3364
Location: Wheeling, WV
The longer this goes on, the more he looks bad. I still think he needs suspended but how long is the question.

It is clear that the Steelers are really pissed. I think that the league will give him 4 weeks off and the team will add 2 or 3 more. Any less and everyone will say that he gets special treatment because he is the qb, or because he's white, or because he has won 2 super bowls already and is a hero.

This season is a mess, the team in chaos, no matter the punishment because this immature player thinks that the rules don't apply to him. Arrogant, stupid, reckless, immature, you pick the appropriate term here. He doesn't deserve the elevated place in the minds and hearts of real Steeler fans.

_________________
2011 Will Be Our Year -- well make that 2012 (just saying) So it looks like 2013 now - how long must this go on!
THIS IS IT-- NO MORE STREAK!!! *** Finally*** Time to win it in 2014


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: No Criminal Charges Against Ben
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:37 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:46 am
Posts: 3503
Location: Economy, PA
Yeah it does screw things up. Now that all the gory details are out, I don't really want to root for him.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits