Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:46 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Looking for some relief from the monotony
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:27 pm 

With the %&$#! Celtics NBA championship victory parade scheduled for tomorrow, this town is absolutely insufferable right now. Since the '07 MLB season, all Boston teams do is win. I tell you, it's monotonous if you're not a Boston fan, which I'm not.

Red Sox: defending World Series champions; 46-29 and in first place in AL East so far in '08

Patriots: 18-1, almost won their third Super Bowl in five years. Almost certainly will be a playoff team again this year

Celtics: just won NBA title -- 17th in franchise history -- with overall record of 82-26

Bruins: made NHL playoffs. Showing evidence that they're returning to their winning tradition

Revolution: lost Major League Soccer title game or they'd have been champions, too

Boston College football: 11-3, won Champs Sports Bowl

Boston College hockey: 26-11-8; won NCAA championship in their third "Frozen Four" appearance in as many years

Ugh!

Post subject: Re: Looking for some relief from the monotony
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:10 pm 

I feel for you I really do...The Celtics won their championship by tanking it for a high draft pick and pulling off a trade...

Celtic fans need to remember that unless their GM builds this team up they'll be back to 06-07 form in no time when these veteran guys get too old to play at the level they are playing currently...

What a long summer it is going to be for you...I'm sorry

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

Post subject: Re: Looking for some relief from the monotony
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:35 pm 

Hey, the Cleveland Cavaliers have some interest in signing Posey. Do you guys think Danny Ainge will do whatever it takes to keep him? His defense would really help out Le Bron James. Posey is a Clevelander.. I'm curious if he'd wanna come back home. People here are scared to death that Le Bron will split once his contract is up.