Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:52 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Packers at Steelers
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:48 am 
 WWW  Profile

I've been looking forward to this game for some time now. Given that snow is in the picture this could be an instant classic. Seriously, Packers...Steelers...December...snow. The only way this could be better is if the Steelers were playing a little better. I can't wait for this on glorious HD. Come on snow!

Post subject: Re: Packers at Steelers
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:12 am 

The snow is basically done here. We got about 3-4 inches where I live, maybe a little more downtown.

Nobody here is really amped about the game because we're out of the playoffs. Still I expect an entertaining game and wouldn't be that surprised if the Steelers win, even though we lost to KANSAS CITY!@#$^, OAKLAND@#$%, AND #$&@(&% CLEVELAND!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:15 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Well that's disappointing...I want a blizzard!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:58 pm 

One of the best football games you have ever seen. Even the right team won. But the Steelers defense is really bad. Three 4th quarter TDs. It has become a habit for this team to give up fourth quarter scores and leads.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:27 pm 
 WWW  Profile

No Aaron Smith and no Troy makes for that suspect D though. They did do a great job stopping the run today, but the runs they gave up were almost back breakers.... Thank you Big Ben and Mr. Wallace :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:50 pm 

bucco boy wrote:
One of the best football games you have ever seen. Even the right team won. But the Steelers defense is really bad. Three 4th quarter TDs. It has become a habit for this team to give up fourth quarter scores and leads.

Tough to decide if the Colt Patriot game or this game was better. Steelers fans will see this game as the best.
At least there is still a faint chance to make the playoffs. The D may get TROY BACK...BUT IT MAY BE TOO LATE.
No excuse losing to the Chiefs Raiders & Browns
Gotta beat BALT and need a Denver loss @ Philly

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:09 am 

Our secondary is pathetic. Ike Taylor is a bonehead. William Gay is lucky to even stay upright, yet alone make a play on the ball.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:09 pm 

If you're in the Steelers front office, where do you begin to rebuild what has become a sad excuse for a defense? Ike Taylor's game is turning into a joke. Gay stinks. Tyrone Carter is overmatched. Clark may be taking more wrong angles to the ball than any other safety in the league. Farrior looks old and slow. James Harrison is all but invisible much of the time anymore. Same with Timmons.

I mean, even if Polamalu returns to his old effectiveness and Aaron Smith fully recovers they still may need to use every draft choice next spring on defense . . . and sign a bunch of free agents as well. Otherwise, this problem figures to grow worse in 2010.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:45 pm 

There is 10 or 11 guys on defense that are over the age of 30...I believe thats why the team is awful in the 4th quarter...

Harrison has become invisible because he has had the left tackle's arm around his throat every play and doesnt get the call...

Losing McFadden looks like a real big loss to this team...

And there is almost no depth (young players ready to step in to a starting role)

It might be a long offseason for the Steelers

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:05 am 

Bob in Boston wrote:
If you're in the Steelers front office, where do you begin to rebuild what has become a sad excuse for a defense? Ike Taylor's game is turning into a joke. Gay stinks. Tyrone Carter is overmatched. Clark may be taking more wrong angles to the ball than any other safety in the league. Farrior looks old and slow. James Harrison is all but invisible much of the time anymore. Same with Timmons.

I mean, even if Polamalu returns to his old effectiveness and Aaron Smith fully recovers they still may need to use every draft choice next spring on defense . . . and sign a bunch of free agents as well. Otherwise, this problem figures to grow worse in 2010.

Up until about this year the Steelers had been doing a good job of rotating the young with the new.

After 06 (8-8) Tomlin drafted Timmons and Woodley (two standouts among other Defensive players), but otherwise I think the jury is still out on Tomlin's drafting abilities.

After the Steelers won it in 05 I figured they had a 3-5 year window MAX to win another one and that window is about closed.

Farrior and Harrison are no spring chickens, Foote is gone, the secondary is pathetic without Troy and the D-Line needs depth (Smith has been out time and again the last 3 years)

That being said, there is no reason to blow up the D, just slowly tweak it like how Cowher did post 2001, add a player here and there until we find the right mix.

Drafting will be key.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:59 am 

Is it time to open up the the Steeler's fans suicide hotline? :o :o :o

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:33 pm 

Az Bucco fan wrote:
Is it time to open up the the Steeler's fans suicide hotline? :o :o :o

There is no such thing for Steeler fans..only for Cleveland and Buffalo fans :D :D