Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:50 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: LSU/Florida Baton Rouge rules....
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:57 pm 

No. 2 was on a recruiting trip this weekend to LSU. When my brother in law, a head HS football coach in Mesa, found out he could get us 2 tickets, we were booked. It was a good game, very defensive oriented. LSU just couldn't get anything going and Tebow was just good enough. My favorite chant of the game was Teabag Tebow. LOLOL. LSU set a school attendance record of over 93,000 and they were absolutely bonkers. We sat in the student section and along with the band they had more elaborate chants and cheers than I could ever imagine. No one sat. It was the loudest crowd, sports or music that I have ever heard. My ears are still ringing.
LSU reputedly has the best tailgate in the country and I did not experience anything that would dispute that. We were told to just go to the motor home section, over 600 of them, and tell one that we had a kid there on a recruiting trip and we would be covered. They are the most friendly and generous people ever.. We had a couple of beers with some NBF's and then walked down to the next row. There was a bar set up and because we saw a tip jar figured oh well and walked in. We asked them if it was a bar and they said it was and we asked them if we could buy a beer and they said no, but you can have one and that if we wanted to eat there were two ginormous pots of crawfish ettoufee and jambalaya. We chowed and drank, left some dough in the jar and then they wanted to know if we wanted a couple of hurricanes. Well, we had never had one so of course we sampled a couple. Dancing ensued and then we moved on to another RV that had an zydeco band playing live. Oh my. It was then on to the stadium where we got to go on the field before the game. I would go again just for the tailgate. THis is a don't miss college football fans. Seriously.