Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:04 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Question For You Ollie
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:16 am 

Ollie wrote:
Animal wrote:
As a Lions fan, do you think that Culpepper or Stafford gives the Lions a better chance to win.

And would you rather see Culpepper or Stafford starting?

I wanted to sit Stafford for a year, only because I thought he'd get sacked 60 times. But he supposedly won the job in pre-season. He has a very strong arm, never gets rattled, and isn't afraid to take chances. He can make the throws and he is a tough kid! I do not see any chance of Matthew Stafford becoming another Joey Harrington, and there is no way he will lose his job to Culpepper. Stafford has the potential to be very good.

I felt sorry for Daunte because he worked hard to get back in shape and he's reuniting with his former OC. He probably gives us a better chance of winning games this season but Coach Schwartz is realistic. This season isn't about wins and losses. (I love that Schwartz is playing rookies.. none of them would be on the field if we still had Rod Marinelli as head coach.) I'm OK with playing Stafford now that I've seen him.. though I wouldn't mind him missing a game or two to mend from the dislocated knee cap.

Anyway isn't 2011 the year we may not have football? I wonder if the reality of that may have influenced the decision to start him. It was Coach Schwartz' decision, but I can imagine the front office was pushing for Stafford in order to put more fannies in the seats.

Every Lions fan fully anticipated Harrison having a huge game. LT Jeff Backus has had his troubles over the years (silly Millen franchised him!!)

Good Analysis. Thanks. I just wanted your take. That's always a fine line between giving a guy experience now with less of a chance to win. It can go both ways. Then there are teams like Atlanta and Baltimore that luck out with Rookies doing great. Then there is Jamarcus Russell!

There are a lot of backup QBs in this league who can play. Then there are few teams with dismal QBs.

Post subject: Re: Steelers defense
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:35 pm 

http://207.103.135.12/news_detail/artic ... fense.html

Post subject: Re: Steelers defense
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:37 pm 

I've been as critical as anyone on the board of the Steelers' defense. So it's time for me to acknowledge that it played much better today against probably the toughest team on the schedule so far. Polamalu's return seems to have reenergized it -- happily.

Still, had Minnesota relied more on Adrian Peterson, especially in the red zone, the final outcome probably would have been different.