Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:30 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: No. 2 son's recruiting journey continues
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:03 am 

No. 2 has decided on his choices for his 5 official recruiting trips and his final decision on where he ends up committing to is going to be a tough one. He will take official visits to Missouri, Miami, Georgia, LSU and Kentucky. He will take unofficial visits to ASU and U of A here locally. Their offers just didn't match up with the other 5. U of A re-entered the pictur lately. I think the coach has had some buyers remorse after she signed a kid for this year and No. 2 kicked his butt all summer head to head. Unfortunately, they don't have any money left. It is a very good school with a brand new world class facility that will be hosting a national meet next summer and the World Championships too. ASU's men's swimming has been an off again then back on again proposition. They were ready to offer a full ride but when the swim program was re instated, control of scholarship money for men'e diving reverted back to the new swim coach and their offer was cut in half. ASU always recruits international athletes and they have one coming in from Canada this year who finished 8th in the world recently. It would be nice to have him here where we could see him more but money talks folks. The schools he will visit have all offerred full rides or near full rides and that is all negotiable. He has turned down trips to THE Ohio State University, Michigan, Northwestern, SMU, Cal Berkeley, Alabama, Virginia Tech and Hawaii. Trips will be done by the end of October and he will sign during the early signing period in November. If you are a college football fan, you would be jealous. He will be on the sidelines for some great match ups. My brother in law and I are going to LSU during his visit. We won't see him much but will see LSU/Florida. Alabama visits Kentucky during his trip. Oklahoma visits Miami and ASU visits Georgia. I am glad that my part in this whole process is just about over other than putting him on the plane. As I told all the coaches, he is the one making all decisions regarding trips and where he ends up. My only job is to make sure that the schools he visits are the 5 best fits for him in regards to academics, money and coaching personalities. I have done that so now it is up to him.