Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:57 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Kojak Slaphead just for you
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:50 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:12 am
Posts: 758
LtCol Kojak Slaphead wrote:
Nice cowardly job by Smizik-Collier-Cook of not addressing the suit in the PPG this morning. I suppose it's easier to bash the Pirates than to even entertain the notion that your two-time Superbowl champ golden-boy QB might just be a rapist.


Steelers now have plenty to overcome
Thursday, July 23, 2009
By Gene Collier, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette


http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09204/985811-150.stm

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kojak Slaphead just for you
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:29 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:54 pm
Posts: 941
estrago wrote:
LtCol Kojak Slaphead wrote:
Nice cowardly job by Smizik-Collier-Cook of not addressing the suit in the PPG this morning. I suppose it's easier to bash the Pirates than to even entertain the notion that your two-time Superbowl champ golden-boy QB might just be a rapist.


Steelers now have plenty to overcome
Thursday, July 23, 2009
By Gene Collier, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette


http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09204/985811-150.stm

You've missed my point again, probably intentionally. Did the NY Times wait until 9.13 to provide commentary on 9.11?

But to your point, so what? Cut through Collier's well-abused thesaurus and what has he said? "We don't really know what happened in that hotel room in Tahoe, but this sure will expose the Steelers to a whole lot of unwanted attention this season." Brilliant insight, Gene.

And if you haven't noticed, ESPN is taking plenty of heat for sitting on this story long after every other media outlet in the country was well into it.

_________________
I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants. That's what I did today.

Small ball is the hobgoblin of small minds.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kojak Slaphead just for you
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:39 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:01 pm
Posts: 7308
He has a tough time finding the point unless its ripping the Pirates or celebrating the Steelers by putting huge pictures in the signature of his posts...

He's worthless

_________________
I say keep the $50 and ban him anyway...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kojak Slaphead just for you
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:47 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:12 am
Posts: 758
LtCol Kojak Slaphead wrote:
estrago wrote:
LtCol Kojak Slaphead wrote:
Nice cowardly job by Smizik-Collier-Cook of not addressing the suit in the PPG this morning. I suppose it's easier to bash the Pirates than to even entertain the notion that your two-time Superbowl champ golden-boy QB might just be a rapist.


Steelers now have plenty to overcome
Thursday, July 23, 2009
By Gene Collier, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette


http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09204/985811-150.stm

You've missed my point again, probably intentionally. Did the NY Times wait until 9.13 to provide commentary on 9.11?

But to your point, so what? Cut through Collier's well-abused thesaurus and what has he said? "We don't really know what happened in that hotel room in Tahoe, but this sure will expose the Steelers to a whole lot of unwanted attention this season." Brilliant insight, Gene.

And if you haven't noticed, ESPN is taking plenty of heat for sitting on this story long after every other media outlet in the country was well into it.


What exactly did you think the writers needed to comment on? Instant bashing?

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kojak Slaphead just for you
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:54 pm
Posts: 941
estrago wrote:
What exactly did you think the writers needed to comment on? Instant bashing?

Well, if they exercised the same editorial standard with this story that they routinely do with the Pirates, that's precisely what they would've done. Ridicule first, analyze later, if at all.

I'll answer your first question with another: did Collier's column give you any insight into the situation that wasn't already self-evident?

Whether this woman's charges have merit or not, it's fairly clear to me that the sports media PIT are way too chicken**** to exert much effort than is required to scratch the surface on this story. God knows if the Steelers were found fallible in any way, the region's economy would fail.

_________________
I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants. That's what I did today.

Small ball is the hobgoblin of small minds.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kojak Slaphead just for you
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:48 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:12 am
Posts: 758
Slaphead

Do I detect that you are not a Steeler fan? That you may despise them?
Cook wrote an article too about this situation regarding distractions. Sounds like you want Ben trashed.
Lets see ....the Steelers have been good for a long time. The Pens are on top of the Hockey world. The Pirates have sucked longer than any pro sports team.....analyze that anyway you want because that can only be ridiculed.
Both columns gave little insight. Again what do you want to read?....Ben is a rapist and a scumbag? Based on what this person has said?
It is just about that time of the year for all Steelers/Big Ben... all the time.
You like it you love it you want more of it!

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kojak Slaphead just for you
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:42 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:18 pm
Posts: 5060
Location: Scotch Plains, NJ
estrago wrote:
Slaphead

Do I detect that you are not a Steeler fan? That you may despise them?
Cook wrote an article too about this situation regarding distractions. Sounds like you want Ben trashed.
Lets see ....the Steelers have been good for a long time. The Pens are on top of the Hockey world. The Pirates have sucked longer than any pro sports team.....analyze that anyway you want because that can only be ridiculed.
Both columns gave little insight. Again what do you want to read?....Ben is a rapist and a scumbag? Based on what this person has said?
It is just about that time of the year for all Steelers/Big Ben... all the time.
You like it you love it you want more of it!

Seventeen years of losing by the Pirates does not excuse the PG's shoddy journalism.

_________________
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."
~H. L. Mencken


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kojak Slaphead just for you
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:01 pm
Posts: 7308
It is in BH's world...He's so full of shit...

_________________
I say keep the $50 and ban him anyway...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kojak Slaphead just for you
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:27 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:12 am
Posts: 758
Collier, Cook and now Smizik have wrote about this....here is Smiziks take

http://community.post-gazette.com/blogs ... lenge.aspx

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits