Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:50 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Big Ben in some trouble
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:10 am
Posts: 1314
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/20/roethlisberger-denies-civil-allegations-of-sexual-assault/


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Big Ben in some trouble
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:16 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
This sounds more like the thing that happened to Bettis a number of years back. I have seen Ben in Soutside a couple times and every girl in that place wanted a piece of him, he parties hard but i don't think he would need to force himself upon anyone. He blows most of the girls in the bars and clubs off anyways.
I think this is just another case where the girl is out for money. I don't think it can be compared to Kobe.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Big Ben in some trouble
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:11 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:54 pm
Posts: 941
That's one more charge of sexual misconduct than has ever been brought against Lastings Milledge.

_________________
I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants. That's what I did today.

Small ball is the hobgoblin of small minds.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Big Ben in some trouble
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:19 am 
Offline
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:43 pm
Posts: 4711
Location: Omaha, NE via Sioux City, Kansas City, and Chicago
LtCol Kojak Slaphead wrote:
That's one more charge of sexual misconduct than has ever been brought against Lastings Milledge.



:lol:

_________________
#3 Iowa State Cyclones vs #7 Connecticut Huskies
Sweet Sixteen
March Madness!!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Big Ben in some trouble
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:42 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:12 am
Posts: 758
Image

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Big Ben in some trouble
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:01 pm
Posts: 7107
I doubt Ben did it...He was fined his rookie year for having some initials PFJ (Play For Jesus) on his shoes...

_________________
I say keep the $50 and ban him anyway...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Big Ben in some trouble
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:33 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:30 pm
Posts: 6035
Christians have never gotten in trouble of that sort before have they?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Big Ben in some trouble
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:23 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:12 am
Posts: 758
Az Bucco fan wrote:
Christians have never gotten in trouble of that sort before have they?

eh what?

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Big Ben in some trouble
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:18 pm
Posts: 5060
Location: Scotch Plains, NJ
I hear Ben didn't wear his helmet in this accident either. ;)

_________________
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."
~H. L. Mencken


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Big Ben in some trouble
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:11 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:54 pm
Posts: 941
Nice cowardly job by Smizik-Collier-Cook of not addressing the suit in the PPG this morning. I suppose it's easier to bash the Pirates than to even entertain the notion that your two-time Superbowl champ golden-boy QB might just be a rapist.

_________________
I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants. That's what I did today.

Small ball is the hobgoblin of small minds.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Big Ben in some trouble
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:28 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:12 am
Posts: 758
LtCol Kojak Slaphead wrote:
Nice cowardly job by Smizik-Collier-Cook of not addressing the suit in the PPG this morning. I suppose it's easier to bash the Pirates than to even entertain the notion that your two-time Superbowl champ golden-boy QB might just be a rapist.

And just what were you expecting them to say? ESPN will not even mention it because it is not a criminal case. Are they cowards?

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Big Ben in some trouble
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:55 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:22 pm
Posts: 2495
estrago wrote:
LtCol Kojak Slaphead wrote:
Nice cowardly job by Smizik-Collier-Cook of not addressing the suit in the PPG this morning. I suppose it's easier to bash the Pirates than to even entertain the notion that your two-time Superbowl champ golden-boy QB might just be a rapist.

And just what were you expecting them to say? ESPN will not even mention it because it is not a criminal case. Are they cowards?


The Trib mentions it on C4 of today's paper. Obviously they are not cowards.

And while I'm inclined to not believe her story, based on the article, there is more smoke there than I had previously thought.

Linky: http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_634706.html


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Big Ben in some trouble
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:03 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:12 am
Posts: 758
The PG had it mentioned on the front page of yesterdays paper and today it was the headline on the front page!

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Big Ben in some trouble
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:54 pm
Posts: 941
estrago wrote:
The PG had it mentioned on the front page of yesterdays paper and today it was the headline on the front page!

I'm talking about the PPG's sports columnists, who are paid to provide commentary on pressing local sports topics, brainiac. Unless you think a stroll down memory lane with the fiery Jason Kendall is bigger than Big Ben being accused of rape in a civil case.

And, yes, ESPN's decision not to report on it is cowardly as well.

_________________
I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants. That's what I did today.

Small ball is the hobgoblin of small minds.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Big Ben in some trouble
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:01 pm
Posts: 7107
LtCol Kojak Slaphead wrote:
estrago wrote:
The PG had it mentioned on the front page of yesterdays paper and today it was the headline on the front page!

I'm talking about the PPG's sports columnists, who are paid to provide commentary on pressing local sports topics, brainiac. Unless you think a stroll down memory lane with the fiery Jason Kendall is bigger than Big Ben being accused of rape in a civil case.

And, yes, ESPN's decision not to report on it is cowardly as well.


But but but....you cant bad talk the Steelers...they're not owned by the Nuttings...Its pro Steelers and Pens, and insult the Pirates...

_________________
I say keep the $50 and ban him anyway...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Big Ben in some trouble
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:31 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:12 am
Posts: 758
LtCol Kojak Slaphead wrote:
estrago wrote:
The PG had it mentioned on the front page of yesterdays paper and today it was the headline on the front page!

I'm talking about the PPG's sports columnists, who are paid to provide commentary on pressing local sports topics, brainiac. Unless you think a stroll down memory lane with the fiery Jason Kendall is bigger than Big Ben being accused of rape in a civil case.

And, yes, ESPN's decision not to report on it is cowardly as well.

Thats nice...where are the Trib columnists and for that matter any sports columnists? I'm sure there will be some in the local papers. It was heavy on the local sport talk shows yesterday except 1250.
BTW were you complementing me as a brainiac or sarcasitic name calling?

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Big Ben in some trouble
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:42 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:30 pm
Posts: 6035
See Jim Baker, Jimmy Swaggert, etc.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Big Ben in some trouble
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:48 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:12 am
Posts: 758
Az Bucco fan wrote:
See Jim Baker, Jimmy Swaggert, etc.

Help me here...I dont get the Televangelism connection with Big Ben

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Big Ben in some trouble
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:37 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:30 pm
Posts: 6035
There was a post assuming that Ben would not do such a thing because of his Christian faith. It has been my experience that one's faith is not an indicator that one would not behave in an immoral way such as this accusation.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Big Ben in some trouble
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:48 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:12 am
Posts: 758
Az Bucco fan wrote:
There was a post assuming that Ben would not do such a thing because of his Christian faith. It has been my experience that one's faith is not an indicator that one would not behave in an immoral way such as this accusation.

OK..sorry, I most likely didnt see it(read it) I have a few posters on foe or ignore...I guess it was from one of them.
Yeah I dont buy into athletes who proclaim faith...actions speak louder. I'm not going to judge anything except from the looks of this so called victim,(only seen her face)Ben could do much better!

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits