Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:43 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: UFC 100 Brock Lesnar .vs. Frank Mir
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:56 am 

Well i am not the biggest fan of UFC or MMA but tonight is UFC 100 and it is a pretty good card. It is headlined by defending UFC Champion Brock Lesnar (3-1) against the only man that ever beat him Frank Mir (12-3).
Lesnar is 6'3" and weighted in at 265 pounds
Mir is 6'1" and weighted in at 245 pounds (5 pounds heavier than when he beat Lesnar before)

This should be a good one.

Post subject: Re: UFC 100 Brock Lesnar .vs. Frank Mir
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:12 am 

Well Lesnar killed Mir. It wasn't even close. I don't know if this is a blog or what, but it pretty much explains what happened.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/7/12/94 ... snar-stops

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:13 pm 

UFC, and MMA in general, is a joke.

They proved it again last night when a fighter basically kicked a dude in the head after he was knocked out.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:09 pm 

Jeremy wrote:
UFC, and MMA in general, is a joke.

They proved it again last night when a fighter basically kicked a dude in the head after he was knocked out.

Haha i'm not a big fan of it. I put it in the same boat as boxing for sports that i like. It there with the ones i can barely stand to watch, but i think you are talking about when that Henderson guy punched Michael Bisping on the ground after he was already knocked out. It was a very classless move. When he jumps up on the air and comes down with a punch to Bisping.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:26 pm 

Boxing is prosfessional wrestling compared to MMA and UFC...I know alot of guys I wrestled with and have coached that are getting into it now...

I didnt get to watch it, but did see the highlights on Sportscenter, it wasnt bad...A one on one sport like that, one is taught to go after your opponent and not let up...I dont think there was anyway to know in the moment that he was out and just followed through with his ground attack...

As a wrestler, you always want to be on your opponent and not to give him a chance to get up and thats all that move was after the hit...The ref jumped in when he saw he was out and it stopped, nothing classless or tasteless about it...

If anything MMA and UFC are quite more popular than boxing now...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:03 am 

nad69dan wrote:
Boxing is prosfessional wrestling compared to MMA and UFC...I know alot of guys I wrestled with and have coached that are getting into it now...

I didnt get to watch it, but did see the highlights on Sportscenter, it wasnt bad...A one on one sport like that, one is taught to go after your opponent and not let up...I dont think there was anyway to know in the moment that he was out and just followed through with his ground attack...

As a wrestler, you always want to be on your opponent and not to give him a chance to get up and thats all that move was after the hit...The ref jumped in when he saw he was out and it stopped, nothing classless or tasteless about it...

Well i know that is how you are taught. I wrestled in high school and i took jiu-jitsu, but i think that was a personal attack. Henderson didn't like Bisping because they were both coaches on Spike TV's The Ultimate Fighter and Bisping was somewhat of a jerk. If you look in this 30 second video you can see the shot rattles Bisping's neck and he was out, you can tell by how he falls, and the fact that he hands aren't up. If there could be another person to blame though it could be the referee because you can she Bisping is knocked out cold on his feet. I think it was a cheap shot for revenge for how Bisping acted on the Ultimate Fighter.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:01 am 

nad69dan wrote:

And Jim Rome has a man crush on most of their fighters.

It's still pathetic.