Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:00 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Steve McNair shot and killed
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:28 pm 

Quote:
Former NFL quarterback Steve McNair(notes) has been shot and killed.

Nashville police spokesman Don Aaron confirmed that police were called to a residence and found McNair and a woman shot to death inside. Aaron said authorities don’t yet know the circumstances of the shooting.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

Post subject: Re: Steve McNair shot and killed
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:26 pm 

Just saw this in ESPN, very sad. I guess he could never escape where he came from. It's too bad he was a good guy.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:06 am 

Colin21 wrote:
Just saw this in ESPN, very sad. I guess he could never escape where he came from. It's too bad he was a good guy.

What do you mean never escape where he came from?

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:39 am 

nad69dan wrote:
Colin21 wrote:

He just didn't come from the best background. The neighborhood where he came from of Mount Olive, Mississippi had a bad reputation. Read this, About 26.9% of families and 34.2% of the population were below the poverty line, including 47.4% of those under age 18 and 24.6% of those age 65 or over.
Unless his girlfriend(Kazemi) or ex-wife killed him, then i will go with the "you can't ever trust a women" theory.

Quote:
Two days ago, Nashville police arrested Kazemi on a DUI charge while driving a 2007 Escalade registered to her and McNair. McNair was in the front seat, but didn’t break the law and was allowed to leave by taxi.
The arrest affidavit said Kazemi had bloodshot eyes and the smell of alcohol on her breath, but refused a breathalyzer test, saying “she was not drunk, she was high.”

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:50 pm 

Colin21 wrote:
nad69dan wrote:
Colin21 wrote:

He just didn't come from the best background. The neighborhood where he came from of Mount Olive, Mississippi had a bad reputation. Read this, About 26.9% of families and 34.2% of the population were below the poverty line, including 47.4% of those under age 18 and 24.6% of those age 65 or over.
Unless his girlfriend(Kazemi) or ex-wife killed him, then i will go with the "you can't ever trust a women" theory.

Quote:
Two days ago, Nashville police arrested Kazemi on a DUI charge while driving a 2007 Escalade registered to her and McNair. McNair was in the front seat, but didn’t break the law and was allowed to leave by taxi.
The arrest affidavit said Kazemi had bloodshot eyes and the smell of alcohol on her breath, but refused a breathalyzer test, saying “she was not drunk, she was high.”

Looks like murder-suicide. Police are not looking for any actors. Gun was found by her body. Looks like she killed him and turned the gun on herself. Who I feel bad for is his wife and four kids.

The more I think about it, the more I think that Lastings Milledge is to blame. :D