Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:56 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Oct. 11, 2009 Pittsburgh Steelers at Detroit Lions
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:07 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:19 am
Posts: 1507
Sunday Oct. 11, 2009 Pittsburgh Steelers at Detroit Lions - Ford Field 1 pm

Any of you guys interested in going? I plan to go to one game in Detroit this season. Hadn't decided which game, but if anybody wants to come along with me for a Lions-Steelers battle I'm up for it. Individual game tickets are not yet on sale.

I will purchase one $110 ticket (travelling and attending game alone.) $110 is the highest priced general admission ticket (imagine paying that much for an 0-16 product. Ha!) Well I haven't been to a home Lions game since 1985 so it's high time I get up there (I've seen them here in Cleveland several times.)

http://www.detroitlions.com/section_dis ... =1&level=3


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Oct. 11, 2009 Pittsburgh Steelers at Detroit Lions
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:33 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
Ollie wrote:
Sunday Oct. 11, 2009 Pittsburgh Steelers at Detroit Lions - Ford Field 1 pm

Any of you guys interested in going? I plan to go to one game in Detroit this season. Hadn't decided which game, but if anybody wants to come along with me for a Lions-Steelers battle I'm up for it. Individual game tickets are not yet on sale.

I will purchase one $110 ticket (travelling and attending game alone.) $110 is the highest priced general admission ticket (imagine paying that much for an 0-16 product. Ha!) Well I haven't been to a home Lions game since 1985 so it's high time I get up there (I've seen them here in Cleveland several times.)

http://www.detroitlions.com/section_dis ... =1&level=3


There is general admission tickets for Lions games? I didn't know sporting events had general admission anymore.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Oct. 11, 2009 Pittsburgh Steelers at Detroit Lions
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:19 am
Posts: 1507
Colin, no, I'm just a dummy.. I just mean they are not club seats.

Here's the 2009 ticket map:

http://www.detroitlions.com/section_dis ... =1&level=3


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Oct. 11, 2009 Pittsburgh Steelers at Detroit Lions
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
Ollie wrote:
Colin, no, I'm just a dummy.. I just mean they are not club seats.

Here's the 2009 ticket map:

http://www.detroitlions.com/section_dis ... =1&level=3


Wow that is crazy how cheap they are. I rarely get to go to a Steelers game because they cost so much. Tickets in the blue section at Heinz Field would be like $600. I have gone a couple times just for the atmosphere but i have never got close.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Oct. 11, 2009 Pittsburgh Steelers at Detroit Lions
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:49 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:19 am
Posts: 1507
Any takers pls pm me.

The Lions also host the Browns so I could always ask one of my former co-workers to tag along for that game though I was about as popular there as I am in this room. Ha! I don't care which game I attend, just wanna visit Ford Field once.

If the ticket wasn't so expensive I wouldn't mind seeing Detroit's third exhibition game (Lions host the Colts.) Would be cool to see Peyton Manning and that game is usually quite important. If I'm going to spend that much on a game it should be a regular season game though.

If Brett Favre signs with the Vikings it'd be cool to see him, too.

How does the Steelers' schedule look this year? I imagine it's a pretty tough.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Oct. 11, 2009 Pittsburgh Steelers at Detroit Lions
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
Ollie wrote:
Any takers pls pm me.

The Lions also host the Browns so I could always ask one of my former co-workers to tag along for that game though I was about as popular there as I am in this room. Ha! I don't care which game I attend, just wanna visit Ford Field once.

If the ticket wasn't so expensive I wouldn't mind seeing Detroit's third exhibition game (Lions host the Colts.) Would be cool to see Peyton Manning and that game is usually quite important. If I'm going to spend that much on a game it should be a regular season game though.

If Brett Favre signs with the Vikings it'd be cool to see him, too.

How does the Steelers' schedule look this year? I imagine it's a pretty tough.


The Steelers either have the easiest or the 2nd easiest this season, because we had the hardest last season.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Oct. 11, 2009 Pittsburgh Steelers at Detroit Lions
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:19 am
Posts: 1507
Didn't they win the AFC North? You should play the winners of the other AFC divisions.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Oct. 11, 2009 Pittsburgh Steelers at Detroit Lions
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
Ollie wrote:
Didn't they win the AFC North? You should play the winners of the other AFC divisions.


Yeah we do play the Titans at home, we play the Chargers at home, and we play the Dolphins in Miami, but somehow they still ranked the Steelers as having an easy schedule. I think playing the Browns and Bengals twice each has something to do with it. We also play the Lions, Chiefs, Raiders, and the Packers. All those teams had records in 2008 that were under .500%.
The Steelers have the 29th easiest schedule in the NFL for 2009 behind only the Vikings, Packers, and Bears.
They 2008 records of the Steelers opponents for the 2009 season are 110-144.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits