Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:29 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Steelers Release Foote...
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:26 pm 

I am a little surprised, but not shocked. Foote is still certainly a very productive player, moreso than many of the prior veterans who were released. But you have to clear money and make room for Timmons.

Good luck to him. Good player. Played in every game for past five seasons I believe I read.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/stor ... LHeadlines

Post subject: Re: Steelers Release Foote...
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:49 pm 

Good move for Foote, because he almost certainly will get an offer to be a starter and the money that goes with it.

Good move for the Steelers too, because we can find a backup who makes a lot less than 2.8 million.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:55 pm 

This is a decent move by the STEELERS but this just furthers my point that we should have drafted Rey Maualuga the Linebacker out of USC in the 1st round that went to the Bengals in the 2nd instead of Ziggy Hood. It will be along time before i get over that move.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:48 pm 

Colin21 wrote:
This is a decent move by the STEELERS but this just furthers my point that we should have drafted Rey Maualuga the Linebacker out of USC in the 1st round that went to the Bengals in the 2nd instead of Ziggy Hood. It will be along time before i get over that move.

Where would he play?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:01 pm 

At his size for the first year or so he could back up at Linebacker and back up at Safety opposite Polamalu.
I think he would have been able to be made into a great Safety and he could have played back up until he was ready. Instead we picked a DT who we have to move position anyways and he wont be playing much in the season coming up either.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:09 pm 

Colin21 wrote:
At his size for the first year or so he could back up at Linebacker and back up at Safety opposite Polamalu.
I think he would have been able to be made into a great Safety and he could have played back up until he was ready. Instead we picked a DT who we have to move position anyways and he wont be playing much in the season coming up either.

He cannot play safety. And the DT was picked to play DE because that is what he would be in a 3-4 in the NFL. The USC linebacker would sit on the bench for three seasons before he would play.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:34 pm 

bucco boy wrote:
Colin21 wrote:

He cannot play safety. And the DT was picked to play DE because that is what he would be in a 3-4 in the NFL. The USC linebacker would sit on the bench for three seasons before he would play.

6-2 / 260 and he just turned 22. That says to me he can could change or it would be worth the wait for him to play linebacker. I think he is going to be one hell of a player and i think he was a steal for the Bengals. I really don't know if he would have fit in with the Steelers i just didn't think he would still be there at our pick and most of the players the Steelers had on their board were already gone, and i also think they should have taken the OT fron UConn William Beatty instead of trading the pick to the Broncos.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:22 pm 

Larry Foote will be starting in his hometown Detroit!! He he! Nice linebacking corpse. Julian Peterson (acquired from Seattle), Foote in the middle, and Ernie Sims on the weakside. Now if we only had Shaun Rogers back.. defensive line and secondary are weak.

Attachments:
jersey.jpg
jersey.jpg [ 65.05 KiB | Viewed 191 times ]

Post subject: Corpse???
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:39 am 

Ollie wrote:
Larry Foote will be starting in his hometown Detroit!! He he! Nice linebacking corpse. Julian Peterson (acquired from Seattle), Foote in the middle, and Ernie Sims on the weakside. Now if we only had Shaun Rogers back.. defensive line and secondary are weak.

Sounds more like you are talking about the Pirate shortstops!