Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:22 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Good Riddance
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:53 pm 

John Madden is retiring. I never liked listening to him so this is good news.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09106/963333-66.stm

Post subject: Re: Good Riddance
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:58 pm 

I used to always like when he'd cover a Steeler game cuz they always made reference to the that little touchdown Franco made in the playoffs and you could see it would piss him off to no limit...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:20 pm 

http://steelers.fandome.com/video/11073 ... Broadcast/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:41 am 

F John Madden.....he freaking sucks.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:35 am 

I would respectfully disagree. He is the ultimate coach in the booth. Who would you rather listen too....Dan Deirdorf?Chris Collinsworth?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:49 am 

Az Bucco fan wrote:
I would respectfully disagree. He is the ultimate coach in the booth. Who would you rather listen too....Dan Deirdorf?Chris Collinsworth?

Anyone who doesn't hate my Steelers with a burning passion. Madden's hatred of Pittsburgh was raw and obvious to anyone who listened to him for 5 seconds. The only emotion that trumped his hatred of Pittsburgh was his man love for Brett Favre.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:09 pm 

Rewatch SB 43 and listen to Madden. He was not anti Steeler. He'll always feel slighted about the Franco Harris TD..so what?
I tune out the comments from most national broadcasts. Many fans from(name another team or city)feel that the national annoucers have a bias against them

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:11 pm 

estrago wrote:
Rewatch SB 43 and listen to Madden. He was not anti Steeler. He'll always feel slighted about the Franco Harris TD..so what?
I tune out the comments from most national broadcasts. Many fans from(name another team or city)feel that the national annoucers have a bias against them

Yeah.....OK. Madden admitted to hating the Steelers. I thought the guy was the most overrated piece of crap announcer that ever disgraced a booth.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:23 pm 

I really don't care how he feels about Pittsburgh or the Steelers. I just don't like the way he talks.

He is a meathead.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:10 pm 

I like him because he said Barry Sanders was one of the top two or three running backs ever.. once described Barry as the player "most fun to watch." I never felt other national media guys gave Barry as much love as Madden did (and the Lions were rarely on Monday Night Football.)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:57 pm 

Ollie wrote:
I like him because he said Barry Sanders was one of the top two or three running backs ever.. once described Barry as the player "most fun to watch." I never felt other national media guys gave Barry as much love as Madden did (and the Lions were rarely on Monday Night Football.)

I agree. In my mind Barry Sanders was the best NFL running of all time. He just hung it up early. Alot of people say Jim Brown was but i think that is a joke. If Jim Brown played at the same time Barry Sanders did he wouldn't have had near the success he did.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:39 am 

Colin21 wrote:
Ollie wrote:

I agree. In my mind Barry Sanders was the best NFL running of all time. He just hung it up early. Alot of people say Jim Brown was but i think that is a joke. If Jim Brown played at the same time Barry Sanders did he wouldn't have had near the success he did.

Jim Brown would have success if he played 50 years ago or today. I liked Sanders, but to say Jim Brown being the top back of all-time is a joke is very naive. He was doing things nobody had ever done and nobody has still done. His athleticism has yet to be topped in the NFL.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:46 am 

bucco boy wrote:
Colin21 wrote:
Ollie wrote:

Jim Brown would have success if he played 50 years ago or today. I liked Sanders, but to say Jim Brown being the top back of all-time is a joke is very naive. He was doing things nobody had ever done and nobody has still done. His athleticism has yet to be topped in the NFL.

Defense in the 1950's and 60's wasn't anything compared to the defense there has been throughout the 1990's and today. The 1970's started the defensive movement. In the 1950's there weren't even 75% of the defensive formations there are today. But alot of peope do think Jim Brown was the best of all time. When the associated press put out there list of top 10 running backs of all time they had Jim Brown #1. This is one of the hardest arguments in all of sports because there never was a standout best of all time.