Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:09 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pitt....
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:54 pm 

Most dissapointing game ever! Fields hits the 2 clutch game tying free throws...Then they go down with 10 seconds left and score...The half court shot by fields almost went in. This sucks that pitt is out.

Post subject: Re: Pitt....
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:58 am 

Ryann wrote:
Most dissapointing game ever! Fields hits the 2 clutch game tying free throws...Then they go down with 10 seconds left and score...The half court shot by fields almost went in. This sucks that pitt is out.

Yep i didn't even write a review on it.It sucked.Pittsburgh's poor freethrow shooting killed them

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:09 pm 

Colin21 wrote:
Yep i didn't even write a review on it.It sucked.Pittsburgh's poor freethrow shooting killed them

They shot over 70%....that did not kill them. Nova was 22 of 23....unreal!
Pitt just lost to the better team. Give Nova credit.
They are going to be much worse next year

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:17 pm 

estrago wrote:
Colin21 wrote:

They shot over 70%....that did not kill them. Nova was 22 of 23....unreal!
Pitt just lost to the better team. Give Nova credit.
They are going to be much worse next year

Yeah im rooting for them against UNC but i think UNC is going to win.All i really care about for the tournament is that UConn loses.#1 i hate them and #2 i picked Michigan State to win the National Championship.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:35 pm 

Pitt lost because they did not hit clutch free throws and they did a poor job on the defensive boards in the first half. It is unforgivable to allow a player to dribble the length of the floor and score on a lay up with 5.5 seconds left.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:42 pm 

Az Bucco fan wrote:
Pitt lost because they did not hit clutch free throws and they did a poor job on the defensive boards in the first half. It is unforgivable to allow a player to dribble the length of the floor and score on a lay up with 5.5 seconds left.

Yeah i don't know if anybody heard what Bob Knight had to say about this on ESPN last night and today but he said it was Jamie Dixon's fault because he should have had his speed group of players in and they should have been playing half court and that Blair should've been beside the paint so he could grab the rebound or get the block and not by the 3 point line because they went right past Blair.I just hope we can but together as good as a team next year.I think we are losing atleast 3 starters though.I know we are losing Sam Young and Lavance Fields.I'm not sure what Wanamaker is going to do but i think Blair will stay because he doesn't have an NBA body so college is where he can make a name and maybe sneak into the second round of the draft year after next for the NBA.He will be lucky if he ever makes an NBA team.I think he has a better chance at being an NFL player.Maybe a DE or a TE.I would love it if the Steelers lose Heath Miller next season if we would give Blair a chance to play Tight End in camp.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:16 am 

Colin21 wrote:
I'm not sure what Wanamaker is going to do but i think Blair will stay because he doesn't have an NBA body so college is where he can make a name and maybe sneak into the second round of the draft year after next for the NBA.He will be lucky if he ever makes an NBA team.

Man, I don't know about that. He certainly needs refinement, especially in his perimeter shooting and dribbling, but the NBA covets guys who can pull down lots of offensive rebounds. If Blair ever gets it together he could be a Charles Barkley type player.

I'm hearing he could be a mid to late first rounder. If so, he's gone.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:54 am 

Argentum wrote:
Colin21 wrote:
I'm not sure what Wanamaker is going to do but i think Blair will stay because he doesn't have an NBA body so college is where he can make a name and maybe sneak into the second round of the draft year after next for the NBA.He will be lucky if he ever makes an NBA team.

Man, I don't know about that. He certainly needs refinement, especially in his perimeter shooting and dribbling, but the NBA covets guys who can pull down lots of offensive rebounds. If Blair ever gets it together he could be a Charles Barkley type player.

I'm hearing he could be a mid to late first rounder. If so, he's gone.

Idk i wish him good luck in the NBA but i don't think another year in college would hurt him.