Proud fans of a 131-year old tradition

It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:30 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 268 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
 Post subject: Re: PSAC/Div II Football 2016
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:42 am 

More on North Alabama

http://www.courierjournal.net/news/arti ... dc2d9.html

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:45 am 

More on the NWMSU Bearcats

http://www.maryvilledailyforum.com/spor ... 501fc.html

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:41 pm 

Congrats to the Bearcats on winning the Div II national championship! I picked them to win, so my playoff record now goes to 20-7. I will not mince words. I think it was quite unfortunate that the Div II national championship game had to be played in a snow storm. One could not even keep the yard lines clear. This game should be played in the South where conditions would be--in most instances--more ideal. So I have had my say, and the Bearcats clearly deserved to win. Nevertheless, today's conditions should be taken into consideration when it comes to contracting the site of future Div II championship games. I will post a game report later on. Love you all! And thanks for your views! I'll have more closing words to say in a yet to be conceived post.

Last edited by Husky on Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:31 am 

Bearcats Win Sixth National Championship

http://www.bearcatsports.com/news/2016/ ... ce-fb.aspx

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:40 am 

Bob Eblen Before the Game

It is sometimes interesting to read pre-game commentary AFTER the game has been played.

http://www.d2football.com/nationalcolumnist/16/

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:43 am 

The UNA Report

Like to hear from both sides. Some great photos also!

http://roarlions.com/news/2016/12/17/fo ... =football#

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:56 am 

Well, that winds up mu PSAC-Div II football coverage for 2016. It was great fun to follow all the action from early September to the present. Many thanks to this website for allowing me to pursue on its pages my passion for Div II football. As always, there were many surprises, upsets, unexpected turns of events, and many games for which the finals results--never to be guaranteed-- turned out as expected. That's why they play the games. I wish to extend to everybody my hopes for a joyous holiday season including therein the wish for a safe, healthy, and prosperous 2017. Let us hope that Americans will come together and succeed in moving our country in the right direction with liberty, justice, and economic opportunity for all. I certainly aspire to be back on this website with more Div II football coverage come August 2017. I would be remiss if I did not add: GOD BLESS AMERICA!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:32 pm 

I want to give credit to some programs who I think excelled above and beyond with respect to what many a Div II fan anticipated. First off: Harding of the GAC with its great rushing game; Kutztown with a miserly amount of scholarships in the PSAC East; Edinboro in the PSAC west with its great turnabout from last season, Shepherd of the MEC--another underfunded, over achieving program; Ferris State who took down-- when it counts--the big bully of the GLIAC Grand Valley, disregarded Azusa State who had a great season, Emporia State who made a valiant effort in trying to depose NWMSU in the MIAA, Lock Haven of the PSAC who seemed to be undergoing a rebirth of football competitiveness, and Tuskegee who progressed in spite of much misfortune. There are many a great stories of teams who did their best under trying circumstances and kept plugging away. I am referring to the likes of Millersville and Cheyney in the PSAC East. They are still there trying to do their best. One never knows how things will change, but I do remember when Millersville was king in the PSAC East. Will see you all next year!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 268 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14