Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:05 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pitt vs WVU
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:56 pm 

At the risk of offending many of you, get ready. In an hour WVU will start the upset of Pitt. It's pay back time for footballs recent past.

I've tried to be low keyed about this but can't stay quite anymore. I fully know Pitt is supposed to kill but just warning you guys to be ready. Better be careful, because the Mounties are for real and ready to play. It's a big advantage to have fresh legs but on the other hand it helps keep the rust off by playing yesterday.

You are invited to be as mean as you want after the game should Pitt get lucky at the buzzer but at least I'm on record before it starts.

Post subject: Re: Pitt vs WVU
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:35 pm 

Substitute2 wrote:
At the risk of offending many of you, get ready. In an hour WVU will start the upset of Pitt. It's pay back time for footballs recent past.

I've tried to be low keyed about this but can't stay quite anymore. I fully know Pitt is supposed to kill but just warning you guys to be ready. Better be careful, because the Mounties are for real and ready to play. It's a big advantage to have fresh legs but on the other hand it helps keep the rust off by playing yesterday.

You are invited to be as mean as you want after the game should Pitt get lucky at the buzzer but at least I'm on record before it starts.

Well i am afraid to say but it looks like you might be right.I just hope Connecticut loses tonight also.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:35 pm 

I know that Pitt has the better team and will most probably go deep into the NCAA but tonight my boys are smiling. That was really big for the Huggins program. For recruiting, for positive feelings on the team, and for beating Pitt in a big game.

For a serious Mountaineer fan it just doesn't get much better. Go Mountaineeeeeers.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:37 pm 

Have fun in the NIT!
:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:21 pm 

Better check the positioning in NCAA on Sunday. Myt boys will be there andnow higher cause of this win, maybe a 5 or 6. Yes, Pitt will start much higher but will they finish?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:25 pm 

Substitute2 wrote:
Better check the positioning in NCAA on Sunday. Myt boys will be there andnow higher cause of this win, maybe a 5 or 6. Yes, Pitt will start much higher but will they finish?

A 5? Based on what? A road win at Ohio State? Two wins over Notre Dame (who won't be in the tournament)? This win over Pitt?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:12 am 

Pitt will be judged by how far it goes in the big dance. But basketball blows because of how refs call a game and the fact that a player like Blair can be taken out of the game.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:38 am 

Wow did anybody watch the Syracuse vs Connecticut game.It was great.6 overtimes.Now i just hope Louisville gets upset tomorrow.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:10 am 

Just saw the highlights. That even took 5 min. Don't know how fans of those two didn't end up with health issues. Man what a game.

Cuse should be just exhausted so WVU now has a good chance of getting to the finals and a third attempt at Louisville, if they survive.

Man for a lousy 24 win team in the Big East, we don't get much respect do we? Where would you put this team with a 10-8 record against Big East? Behind Georgetown? ND? Or maybe the NIT is the best place for them. Sounds a little like sour grapes from a couple Pitt fans. Remember I called it before the game started.

YOU CAN DO IT--- should be the cry this March.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:45 am 

Substitute2 wrote:
Just saw the highlights. That even took 5 min. Don't know how fans of those two didn't end up with health issues. Man what a game.

Cuse should be just exhausted so WVU now has a good chance of getting to the finals and a third attempt at Louisville, if they survive.

Man for a lousy 24 win team in the Big East, we don't get much respect do we? Where would you put this team with a 10-8 record against Big East? Behind Georgetown? ND? Or maybe the NIT is the best place for them. Sounds a little like sour grapes from a couple Pitt fans. Remember I called it before the game started.

YOU CAN DO IT--- should be the cry this March.

I think it should be----DON'T BURN ANY COUCHES REDNECKS!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:08 pm 

Great call Sub. It sure surprised me. That was a thorough ass kicking.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:23 pm 

Now we go again. This game is scaring me cause WVU has all the reasons to get an easy win. Not going to be easy, if it happens at all. I'll be watching and hoping at 9:00.