Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:05 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Pitt vs WVU
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:56 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:11 pm
Posts: 3364
Location: Wheeling, WV
At the risk of offending many of you, get ready. In an hour WVU will start the upset of Pitt. It's pay back time for footballs recent past.

I've tried to be low keyed about this but can't stay quite anymore. I fully know Pitt is supposed to kill but just warning you guys to be ready. Better be careful, because the Mounties are for real and ready to play. It's a big advantage to have fresh legs but on the other hand it helps keep the rust off by playing yesterday.

You are invited to be as mean as you want after the game should Pitt get lucky at the buzzer but at least I'm on record before it starts.

_________________
2011 Will Be Our Year -- well make that 2012 (just saying) So it looks like 2013 now - how long must this go on!
THIS IS IT-- NO MORE STREAK!!! *** Finally*** Time to win it in 2014


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pitt vs WVU
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
Substitute2 wrote:
At the risk of offending many of you, get ready. In an hour WVU will start the upset of Pitt. It's pay back time for footballs recent past.

I've tried to be low keyed about this but can't stay quite anymore. I fully know Pitt is supposed to kill but just warning you guys to be ready. Better be careful, because the Mounties are for real and ready to play. It's a big advantage to have fresh legs but on the other hand it helps keep the rust off by playing yesterday.

You are invited to be as mean as you want after the game should Pitt get lucky at the buzzer but at least I'm on record before it starts.


Well i am afraid to say but it looks like you might be right.I just hope Connecticut loses tonight also.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pitt vs WVU
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:35 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:11 pm
Posts: 3364
Location: Wheeling, WV
I know that Pitt has the better team and will most probably go deep into the NCAA but tonight my boys are smiling. That was really big for the Huggins program. For recruiting, for positive feelings on the team, and for beating Pitt in a big game.

For a serious Mountaineer fan it just doesn't get much better. Go Mountaineeeeeers.

_________________
2011 Will Be Our Year -- well make that 2012 (just saying) So it looks like 2013 now - how long must this go on!
THIS IS IT-- NO MORE STREAK!!! *** Finally*** Time to win it in 2014


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pitt vs WVU
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 9:17 pm
Posts: 1163
Have fun in the NIT!
:lol:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pitt vs WVU
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:21 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:11 pm
Posts: 3364
Location: Wheeling, WV
Better check the positioning in NCAA on Sunday. Myt boys will be there andnow higher cause of this win, maybe a 5 or 6. Yes, Pitt will start much higher but will they finish?

_________________
2011 Will Be Our Year -- well make that 2012 (just saying) So it looks like 2013 now - how long must this go on!
THIS IS IT-- NO MORE STREAK!!! *** Finally*** Time to win it in 2014


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pitt vs WVU
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 9:17 pm
Posts: 1163
Substitute2 wrote:
Better check the positioning in NCAA on Sunday. Myt boys will be there andnow higher cause of this win, maybe a 5 or 6. Yes, Pitt will start much higher but will they finish?



A 5? Based on what? A road win at Ohio State? Two wins over Notre Dame (who won't be in the tournament)? This win over Pitt?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pitt vs WVU
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:12 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:12 am
Posts: 758
Pitt will be judged by how far it goes in the big dance. But basketball blows because of how refs call a game and the fact that a player like Blair can be taken out of the game.

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pitt vs WVU
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:38 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
Wow did anybody watch the Syracuse vs Connecticut game.It was great.6 overtimes.Now i just hope Louisville gets upset tomorrow.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pitt vs WVU
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:10 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:11 pm
Posts: 3364
Location: Wheeling, WV
Just saw the highlights. That even took 5 min. Don't know how fans of those two didn't end up with health issues. Man what a game.

Cuse should be just exhausted so WVU now has a good chance of getting to the finals and a third attempt at Louisville, if they survive.

Man for a lousy 24 win team in the Big East, we don't get much respect do we? Where would you put this team with a 10-8 record against Big East? Behind Georgetown? ND? Or maybe the NIT is the best place for them. Sounds a little like sour grapes from a couple Pitt fans. Remember I called it before the game started.

YOU CAN DO IT--- should be the cry this March.

_________________
2011 Will Be Our Year -- well make that 2012 (just saying) So it looks like 2013 now - how long must this go on!
THIS IS IT-- NO MORE STREAK!!! *** Finally*** Time to win it in 2014


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pitt vs WVU
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:45 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 9:17 pm
Posts: 1163
Substitute2 wrote:
Just saw the highlights. That even took 5 min. Don't know how fans of those two didn't end up with health issues. Man what a game.

Cuse should be just exhausted so WVU now has a good chance of getting to the finals and a third attempt at Louisville, if they survive.

Man for a lousy 24 win team in the Big East, we don't get much respect do we? Where would you put this team with a 10-8 record against Big East? Behind Georgetown? ND? Or maybe the NIT is the best place for them. Sounds a little like sour grapes from a couple Pitt fans. Remember I called it before the game started.

YOU CAN DO IT--- should be the cry this March.



I think it should be----DON'T BURN ANY COUCHES REDNECKS!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pitt vs WVU
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:08 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:46 am
Posts: 3570
Location: Economy, PA
Great call Sub. It sure surprised me. That was a thorough ass kicking.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pitt vs WVU
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:23 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:11 pm
Posts: 3364
Location: Wheeling, WV
Now we go again. This game is scaring me cause WVU has all the reasons to get an easy win. Not going to be easy, if it happens at all. I'll be watching and hoping at 9:00.

_________________
2011 Will Be Our Year -- well make that 2012 (just saying) So it looks like 2013 now - how long must this go on!
THIS IS IT-- NO MORE STREAK!!! *** Finally*** Time to win it in 2014


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits