Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:13 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Flopping Fish
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 4:48 am 

I didn't see the OT goal by the Rangers last night...but I did watch the replay on the NHL network.

The only thing that I can say is Fleury looked like a flopping fish trying to stop that puck from going into the net.

Don't you think he tries to do too much in net? Maybe be a little more calm? Stand up a little more? Not move around so much and put yourself out of position in the net?

I like Fleury a lot...but...he sure doesn't give me much confidence in net moving forward because of how much he places himself out of position...over reacting trying to stop the puck...

Calm down Marc-Andre...try being a bit more calm in net and stand up more...geesh! :roll:

Post subject: Re: Flopping Fish
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 12:48 am 

bassoondirector wrote:
I didn't see the OT goal by the Rangers last night...but I did watch the replay on the NHL network.

The only thing that I can say is Fleury looked like a flopping fish trying to stop that puck from going into the net.

Don't you think he tries to do too much in net? Maybe be a little more calm? Stand up a little more? Not move around so much and put yourself out of position in the net?

I like Fleury a lot...but...he sure doesn't give me much confidence in net moving forward because of how much he places himself out of position...over reacting trying to stop the puck...

Calm down Marc-Andre...try being a bit more calm in net and stand up more...geesh! :roll:

He wasn't the only one on that sequence. I will quote Herb Brooks. They looked like a bunch of monkeys trying to hump a football.

Sid has been awful for the most part. No goals. He was a -3 last game. It starts with him. He needs to get going.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 9:44 am 

That's a funny quote BB...I never heard that one before! :)

I will agree that all of the Pens looked like "Keystone Cops" on that OT winning goal for the Rangers...but, I will still stick to my guns about Fleury. He moves around way too much for me. Fleury puts himself out of position after he makes the first stop on many pucks targeted for the net.

And, although Sid hasn't scored so far in these playoffs, he has still made plays and has been "the" leader of this team on and off the ice. Yes, Sid needs to score...put the puck in the net like Sid can do...but, I'd much rather have him on our team than the opposing team.

Like many Pens said afterwards, they have to spend more time in the Ranger's zone and create more scoring chances. How true that is and easier said than done.

You can't score if you don't shoot and you can't score if you are playing defense in your own end of the ice!

Pass less, shoot more, and spend more time in the Ranger's end of the ice.

If the Pens can do that, they have the talent to win this series against the Rangers and also win the Stanley Cup.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 8:59 am 

Marc-Andre must have read my original post! :D

He's played much, much better in net these last two games against the Rangers...calm, not moving around as much, and standing up more.

Good for you Marc-Andre...keep it up!

Also, I believe much credit should go to Letang and Sid. Their play has been great...along with all of the other Pens!

Keep it up boys...the Cup is waiting for all of you to claim in 2014!