Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:11 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Alarming Penguin Red Flags
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:16 am 

The Pens have lost the last two games in New York and St. Louis. Alarming turn-overs of the puck have ended up in the back of the Penguin net.

Poor decisions with the puck and turning over the puck all over the ice (mainly in the Pen's defensive zone) are main reasons for the two Penguin losses.

Plus, the star-studded Penguin line-up can't score for some reason. They sure look nice skating up and down the ice, but shooting and scoring remains a critical part of the game...the last time I checked! :D

Add the two together and you get poor Penguin performances. I hope this trend doesn't continue!

Post subject: Re: Alarming Penguin Red Flags
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:20 pm 

bassoondirector wrote:
The Pens have lost the last two games in New York and St. Louis. Alarming turn-overs of the puck have ended up in the back of the Penguin net.

Poor decisions with the puck and turning over the puck all over the ice (mainly in the Pen's defensive zone) are main reasons for the two Penguin losses.

Plus, the star-studded Penguin line-up can't score for some reason. They sure look nice skating up and down the ice, but shooting and scoring remains a critical part of the game...the last time I checked! :D

Add the two together and you get poor Penguin performances. I hope this trend doesn't continue!

Is Letang playing? There is part of your problem.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:00 pm 

Yes BB, Letang is playing.

Do you mean if Letang wasn't playing, that would be the reason for the poor performances and turn-overs? Or, because he is playing that's the reason for the poor performances and turn-overs!

Actually, I do believe Letang is not one of the Pens who has turned the puck over in the last two games...for whatever that's worth...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:05 am 

bassoondirector wrote:
Yes BB, Letang is playing.

Do you mean if Letang wasn't playing, that would be the reason for the poor performances and turn-overs? Or, because he is playing that's the reason for the poor performances and turn-overs!

Actually, I do believe Letang is not one of the Pens who has turned the puck over in the last two games...for whatever that's worth...

I think Letang is an excellent player. The fact they call him a defenseman is a joke. He was a main reason they lost in the playoffs last year. He is a defensive liability. So, my answer was sarcasm because I would believe he would be associated with turning the puck over in his own zone.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:56 am 

LeTang was definitely a main contributor to the loss to New Jersey last night. His new role should be a forward. Defense is obviously not his strong suit.