Proud fans of a 131-year old tradition

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:53 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 349 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
 Post subject: Re: PSAC/Div II Football 2017
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:34 pm 

I have had more views this year than in any previous football season. Thanks for the interest. Never dreamed I would be approaching 4000 views. Go, Crimson Hawks!! Put yourselves and the PSAC back in the Division II national final!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:58 am 

Cheyney University Drops football

See the PSAC statement below on the link:

http://www.psacsports.org/news/2017/12/ ... tball.aspx

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:04 pm 

Give a Read!

Another super column by Bob Eblen!!

http://www.d2football.com/nationalcolumnist/16/

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:38 pm 

IUP Loses Div II National Semi-Final

For a team that seemed to have everything going for itself, some chinks in the armor started to appear last week when the Crimson Hawks of IUP barely escaped with the win over greatly under underrated Assumption of the Northeast 10 Conference. Today IUP met a team in West Florida who plays in the Gulf South Conference, which over the years has distinguished itself as being superior to any and all comers from the PSAC. I guess it should have been no surprise IUP went down today to the Argonauts of West Florida, as the Crimson Hawks were simply upon against a team from a better conference with more talent, more perseverance, and and ability to not make crucial errors. IUP had it all going for itself. They were the home team, they were used to playing in cold weather, they had the crowd behind them; but they could not stand up to the superior talent and consistency of West Florida. Not only that, IUP had to play an almost perfect game today; which they did not do. They had nary a penalty (WF was flagged for quite a few yard!), had little or no pass rush, their secondary was over matched by West Florida's receivers, the Argonauts won the battle at the line of scrimmage, IUP had no answer for the Argonauts' running back Schwarz, and IUP QB Lennie Williams inexplicably fumbled away three perfectly executed snaps from the IUP center and thereby snuffed out the IUP offense at crucial times. The score of 27--17 is deceiving. West Florida outplayed IUP by far more than the score reflects. West Florida earned the win. Congratulations to the Argonauts and best wishes to them in the Div II national final. As a PSAC fan, I am quite disappointed in today's outcome; however, I would be remiss if I did not extend my heartiest congratulations to the Crimson Hawks of IUP for having such a great season. They went down trying to do their best. We PSAC fans will now once again have to wait another year before we might see one of our own in the Div II national final. It is a bitter pill to swallow. I thought this year's IUPers would make it to KC. Guess I was wrong, but I still love the PSAC and will be looking forward to next season. And yes! We still have to see who West Florida will be playing in the national final, as Harding takes on Texas A & M Commerce. this is also a very intriguing game! A game report later!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:48 pm 

Texas A & M Commerce Advances ti the Div II National Finals

TAMUC defeated Harding of the GAC 31--17 to advance to the Div II national final against West Florida next weekend in Kansas City. A report later! Both TAMUC and Harding hoped to advance Cinderella stories, but it was the Lions who won out and will be in the big dance at KC. An entirely different look to the Div II national final is in the offing next weekend.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:52 am 

IUP Comes Up Short in Bid to Advance to KC

http://www.iupathletics.com/news/2017/1 ... orida.aspx

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:54 am 

TAMUC Lions Move On to KC

http://www.lionathletics.com/news/2017/ ... rding.aspx

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:11 am 

Husky picked one of the two national semifinal games correctly. He hit the mark with his pick of TAMUC over Harding, but misfired on picking IUP over West Florida! His playoff record now languishes at a rather poor 12--14. Lastly, CONGRATULATIONS are in order for the accomplishments of Texas A & M Commerce (LSC) and West Florida (GSC) for reaching the Division II national final which will be played next Saturday in Kansas city, MO AND will be telecast on ESPN II. Kudos also to ALL the teams who qualified for the Division II national tournament. They all gave it their best shots before bowing out! More details on the next Saturday's coverage later. Can't believe we are almost at the end of another Div II season. As always, it has been a great ride--sometimes in person as at West Chester or Bloomsburg or elsewhere, or by radio broadcasts, or by viewing a countless number of games on ESPN3 or on the individual teams' websites. Thanks for your views and support. Don't know yet who Husky will pick to win the national championship. Husky has not had a very stellar record this year in picking playoff games. I must say! Who would have thought at the beginning of the season we would be seeing Texas A & M Commerce and West Florida clashing in Kansas City next Saturday for national laurels. If I may use an old cliche': "That's why they play the games!!" Ciao!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:26 am 

Husky is picking Texas A & M Commerce to become the 2017 Division II National champions in football. Don't forget to watch on Saturday on ESPN II.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 349 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18