Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:38 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Would you make any of these trades?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:54 pm
Posts: 6157
Location: Keystone State
Keeper league. Guy wants power. I have Nelson Cruz who has power.

If I can get Drew Stubbs and JJ Putz, would that be enough? What about BJ Upton and Putz? What about Stubbs, Upton and Putz for Cruz and Joyce?

Also I could offer Cruz for Justin Upton straight up?

_________________
The Bucs are going all the way, all the way this year!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Would you make any of these trades?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 10611
bucco boy wrote:
If I can get Drew Stubbs and JJ Putz, would that be enough?

I would be surprised if the guy made that move. Putz is not the deal breaker - Stubbs is. He currently ranks 9th in MLB in runs, and tied for 5th in SB. Among the top-25 in SB's, he trails only Matt Kemp, Ryan Braun and Justin Upton in HR's.

bucco boy wrote:
What about BJ Upton and Putz?

That is a more attractive offer to the other guy since Bossman is hitting just .228, and that only after a hot streak. But he hits in a good position for a decent line-up, gives R's, SB's, HR's, RBI's.

bucco boy wrote:
What about Stubbs, Upton and Putz for Cruz and Joyce?

Your post references both Justin Upton and BJ Upton. Two very different deals, obviously. If you are referring to a trade of Justin Upton by the other guy, in return for your Cruz and Joyce, then not going to happen. Even if you are referring to BJ (I think that is the case), not a good deal for the other guy.

Joyce hurt his shoulder in a collision a month ago and has struggled since. In the past 30 days, Joyce has given 9 R's, 2 HR's, 11 RBI's, .247 OBP.

Stubbs and BJ Upton are projected to give 20 HR's, 45 SB's, 100 R's, 75 RBI's the rest of the season. That is a ton to give up.

bucco boy wrote:
Also I could offer Cruz for Justin Upton straight up?

I cannot imagine any manager would make that deal. J. Upton is a 5-category guy. Nelson Cruz is a 2-category guy right now (HR's, RBI's).

If you are in fact referring to BJ Upton, then I say the deal is interesting. Other guy could well have an interest, and BJ gives you good production in 3 categories, including the ever-frustrating SB category.

I think your best proposal is Cruz for BJ + Putz. Other guy may not want to go more than just BJ but see what he says.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Would you make any of these trades?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:15 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:54 pm
Posts: 6157
Location: Keystone State
Bucfan. Here is what he came back with:

OSOX trades Victor Martinez, Det C to Hey Zeus
OSOX trades Howard Kendrick, LAA 2B to Hey Zeus
OSOX trades Nelson Cruz, Tex OF to Hey Zeus
TG trades Russell Martin, NYY C to Sox
TG trades Maicer Izturis, LAA 2B to Sox
TG trades Justin Upton, Ari OF to Sox

Under our rules, players have "contracts" or a limit on keeper years. In this case, after this season, everyone including Upton has four years left, Cruz 3 years left and Martinez cannot be a keeper. I think I should make this trade just to get Upton as there is probably no way for me to win this league this year.

_________________
The Bucs are going all the way, all the way this year!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Would you make any of these trades?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:16 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:50 pm
Posts: 3879
Location: Glenshaw, PA
bucco boy wrote:
Bucfan. Here is what he came back with:

OSOX trades Victor Martinez, Det C to Hey Zeus
OSOX trades Howard Kendrick, LAA 2B to Hey Zeus
OSOX trades Nelson Cruz, Tex OF to Hey Zeus
TG trades Russell Martin, NYY C to Sox
TG trades Maicer Izturis, LAA 2B to Sox
TG trades Justin Upton, Ari OF to Sox

Under our rules, players have "contracts" or a limit on keeper years. In this case, after this season, everyone including Upton has four years left, Cruz 3 years left and Martinez cannot be a keeper. I think I should make this trade just to get Upton as there is probably no way for me to win this league this year.


I'd do that trade, but I'd probably offer something back to see if you can do a little better than Izturis/Martin. Maybe another player with upside for all the current production you are giving up. I don't see any reason for you to chase a closer if you are out of it this year. J.Upton is far and away the best player involved and is a blossoming superstar.

_________________
Well NH did get Cutch signed, but what have you done for me lately?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Would you make any of these trades?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:54 pm
Posts: 6157
Location: Keystone State
Barrys Dopers wrote:
bucco boy wrote:
Bucfan. Here is what he came back with:

OSOX trades Victor Martinez, Det C to Hey Zeus
OSOX trades Howard Kendrick, LAA 2B to Hey Zeus
OSOX trades Nelson Cruz, Tex OF to Hey Zeus
TG trades Russell Martin, NYY C to Sox
TG trades Maicer Izturis, LAA 2B to Sox
TG trades Justin Upton, Ari OF to Sox

Under our rules, players have "contracts" or a limit on keeper years. In this case, after this season, everyone including Upton has four years left, Cruz 3 years left and Martinez cannot be a keeper. I think I should make this trade just to get Upton as there is probably no way for me to win this league this year.


I'd do that trade, but I'd probably offer something back to see if you can do a little better than Izturis/Martin. Maybe another player with upside for all the current production you are giving up. I don't see any reason for you to chase a closer if you are out of it this year. J.Upton is far and away the best player involved and is a blossoming superstar.


I can't win the league, but I can get to fourth place which wins money. I really don't need Izturis since I have Michael Cuddyer eligible at second base. Kendrick had a great first two months but has come down to earth since then. The Martinez part is the negative, but like I said, he can't be a keeper after this season.

_________________
The Bucs are going all the way, all the way this year!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Would you make any of these trades?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 10611
Agree that Upton is the best player in the deal. For a keeper league, the guy who gets the best player usually wins.

The Izturis/Kendrick and Martin/Martinez part of the deal is a negative for you, but is necessary to get J. Upton in return. Also, with Martinez being a non-keeper, his value is basically as low as it can get for you since this year is a wash.

So yeah, get Justin Upton, and maybe deal Martin to somebody who hopes to compete this year.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits