Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:58 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: My Other Fantasy Team
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 5:49 pm 

nad69dan wrote:
What I did was picked up Britton and dropped Chapman. Then put both up for trade

That's a good use of roster moves. Does that league have a lot of trades?

In my H2H league, I cannot get anybody to respond to trade offers. I picked up Jed Lowrie as a FA in that league, he was hitting the crap out of the ball, and I offered him to a guy with Eric Aybar at SS.

No response. I sent an e-mail inquiry, asking if he was looking to upgrade at SS. (My team has Tulowitzki at SS in that league. Used the No. 3 pick to get him, over M. Cabrera ... bit worried about Cabrera's drunk-sleep driving in spring training. Shows what I know.)

No response.

Boring league without trades. Seriously BORING. What is the point of being a fantasy baseball manager if you don't engage in trades? Geez, the real teams make more trades than the guys in that H2H league.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 1:41 am 

There has been minimal activity so far. I think alot of people are waiting to see if there guys heat up or not...

I also dropped Soriano and picked up Sergio Romo...Soriano was hurt for a few days with elbow stiffness, and his WHIP has been high though he's been getting K's and Holds...Romo is getting holds too and has killer numbers and looks to be the guy to take the closer role if Wilson needs a day off or goes to the DL...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 12:22 pm 

nad69dan wrote:
There has been minimal activity so far. I think alot of people are waiting to see if there guys heat up or not...

Bucfan is less patient than some. Well, most.

I see a guy who is producing, I pull the trigger. Sometimes it works (Alex Gordon, Sergio Santos, Matt Joyce). Sometimes it doesn't (Jonny Gomes, Troy Glaus in 2010 over Jose Bautista).

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:16 pm 

One team loaded themselves with closers and had no guys for holds and was looking to deal.

He was looking to deal Brian Wilson for relief help and I offered him Soriano and Broxton (throw in basically)...And he said no.

That was the only offer I made...

As for this week, after a 2 week losing streak, I'm a winner again, even with Ike Davis going on the DL, Buster Posey missing 2 games after getting hit in the facemask, and Milton Bradley getting cut...4 and 2 for the year, 5th overall in the league, (4 divisions) I'm in 2nd place in my division, though I have a better record than 2 of the division winners. Some of the divisions really suck right now and the others are stacked.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:18 am 

I look like a genius this week as I let Chapman and Soriano go last week and low and behold both were put on the DL this week!

Now I'm trying to make a deal for Cano and Michael Brantley. I need another OFer to help fill out my offense

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 2:38 am 

nad69dan wrote:
I look like a genius this week as I let Chapman and Soriano go last week and low and behold both were put on the DL this week!

I heard on ESPN that Reds fans were complaining that Dusty Baker overused and abused Chapman, leading to his current physical problems.

My response was, "Yeah, and I guess those same fans were shocked to learn that fire is hot and ice is cold." Who did NOT know that Baker has a long and shameful history of abusing pitchers (Mark Prior, Kerry Wood, etc.)?

nad69dan wrote:
Now I'm trying to make a deal for Cano and Michael Brantley. I need another OFer to help fill out my offense

Cano is going to be expensive, no? Brantley was a really good pick-up for somebody in our league. He has been producing better than a ton of keepers (Pedroia, Choo, etc.).

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 4:48 pm 

He's going to want a pretty penny for Cano. He's looking for draft picks also. So I'm thinking of a trade. I currently have Brandon Phillips at 2nd base. But there also is a Utility spot, that is currently being being held by Matt Joyce. But before it was Hosmer's spot with Ike Davis at 1st base...

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 12:01 pm 

Buster Posey got hurt lastnight...

My team is currently 4 and 3...Damn injuries are starting to catch up with me...I'm Corporal Klinger short of the Mash Unit...

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 12:40 pm 

nad69dan wrote:
Buster Posey got hurt lastnight...

Never been a big fan of the "running over the catcher" strategy. It's part of the game, I guess, but it usually involves crappy players like Ty Wigginton, Nyjer Morgan, or Scott Cousins running over a defenseless catcher.

It was a "clean play," Cousins says. Wonder if he would feel the same way when a Giants player ignored 2nd base on a potential DP grounder and came in, shoulder first, devastating Ramirez.

nad69dan wrote:
I'm Corporal Klinger short of the Mash Unit...

You do have the dress though, right? :D