Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:00 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Draft time
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:07 pm 

Does it start at 6 pm PACIFIC TIME which translates into 9 pm for us easterners? Man if that's right I almost missed up the thing before it started.

The more time I spend researching the how to draft and who to draft the less I know. All I can say is that I hope that there isn't too much laughter when you see my picks.

BTW, as a rookie with no influence on the rule making, I want to voice my opinion of the keeper system. I had no say in my team and I don't really like some members but felt compelled to keep them as they are my highest rated guys. Point of fact is that I dislike the Yankees but two of my keepers are on that team. It will propably be fun for me but could be much better if I had some guys I selected.

10 keepers might be a good idea for you guys who have done this for awhile but it will be hard to keep interest or create interest in new players unless you at least reduce the number of keepers to make teams more by the hand of the owner and not someone from the past. If I don't enjoy this, I won't continue nor should you expect others to jump forward to join.

Post subject: Re: Draft time
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:40 pm 

Substitute2 wrote:
Does it start at 6 pm PACIFIC TIME which translates into 9 pm for us easterners? Man if that's right I almost missed up the thing before it started.

Most of us wait for the draft to start before messing up.

Substitute2 wrote:
The more time I spend researching the how to draft and who to draft the less I know. All I can say is that I hope that there isn't too much laughter when you see my picks.

Nah, we'll be too busy laughing at Dan's picks, and Chris', and Hugo's and on and on ... and of course mine.

Substitute2 wrote:
BTW, as a rookie with no influence on the rule making, I want to voice my opinion of the keeper system. I had no say in my team and I don't really like some members but felt compelled to keep them as they are my highest rated guys. Point of fact is that I dislike the Yankees but two of my keepers are on that team. It will propably be fun for me but could be much better if I had some guys I selected.

That's fantasy baseball, Sub. We don't have to like the team for which a guy plays.

Substitute2 wrote:
10 keepers might be a good idea for you guys who have done this for awhile but it will be hard to keep interest or create interest in new players unless you at least reduce the number of keepers to make teams more by the hand of the owner and not someone from the past. If I don't enjoy this, I won't continue nor should you expect others to jump forward to join.

Owners come and go, Sub. The league had enough interest last year to expand from 10 owners to 12.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:44 pm 

Bucfan wrote:
Substitute2 wrote:

Nah, we'll be too busy laughing at Dan's picks, and Chris', and Hugo's and on and on ... and of course mine.

I'm going to play it safe and take Jermey Burnitz, Craig Wilson, and Tike Redman as my OF...Come on, whats to laugh at there?!

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:29 am 

To be honest, here is the "draft time" that most interests Bucfan ...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:37 pm 

Unfortunately I will not be able to attend the draft. I am trying to pre-rank my players and will be set to auto draft. I HATE doing that, but sadly a "mandatory" work dinner was scheduled today with my new boss. Considering he is driving over from Seattle (about 200 miles away) it probably would be a CLM (Career Limiting Move) to blow him off for a Fantasy Baseball Draft.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:48 pm 

It will be a wake-up alarm in the night for me.. so thats a laughter already.. picking with my eyes closed...

New Amsterdam was a Dutch settlement est. at the southern tip of Manhattan Island which served as seat of the colonial government in the New Dutch territory. It was renamed New York in honor of the then Duke of York.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:17 pm 

Less than 4 hours. See you suckers soon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:56 pm 

bucco boy wrote:
Less than 4 hours. See you suckers soon

Hey now, I may have been a sucker last year for getting back into fantasy baseball for the first time in years against seasoned vets who know their stuff, but at least I didn't join a pay league!

Give me a little credit... :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:09 pm 

This year's rookie is ready to go. Better not laugh at my picks.