Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:13 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: *(&#%&
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:55 pm 

In the past 3 weeks, I have lost Kinsler, Youkilis, and Soto. Two of those are players at premium positions for whom there are NO replacements on the wire. Just when Bucfan is coming back to earth, instead of making a run, I hand him the league crown.

Post subject: Re: *(&#%&
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:26 am 

My team has had its worst slump of the year, and it is not really close. Josh Johnson, Felix Hernandez and John Lester went 17 days without a single win. Greinke had one victory in that time, but was blistered in two other starts.

Johnson, Lester and Hernandez were freaking lights out in their last outings and combined for two wins. Should have been 3, but the Marlins pen blew a lead for Johnson for the 6th - SIXTH - time this year.

The hitting has been just freaking woeful, but Konerko is money, and Uggla is a huge producer. I think that I have gone through a down cycle, and believe that the pitching is going to gain a lot of points in the W category, and make a move in K's.

The additions of Konerko, Cuddyer, and the free agent acquisition of Toronto's young catching prospect - Arencibia - will trigger a solid run. I can feel a 5 HR, 14 R's, 16 RBI day coming up soon.

Finally, BBF, I am lucky - I guess - that your C was hurt after my C - Santana - was finished for the year due to Ryan @#$%^& Khalish's slide. That gave me the chance to pick up Arencibia when he was brought up.