Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:33 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Felix Hernandez is a beast
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:45 am 

The guy is a powerhouse starting pitcher. He threw his 2nd CG win against the Yankees tonight, giving up a few hits but keeping the Yankee's very good offense under control. He has started twice against the Yankees in 10 days, and combined in those starts has gone 18 IP, giving up 12 H, 1 run, 5 BB's, 18 K's.

He was throwing in the 9th inning tonight, and on his 122nd pitch, blew a 97 mph fastball by Posada. Freaking incredible. His 90-mph change-up was darting and diving out of the strike zone and was unhittable. He is Strasburg-lite.

Giving up just 1 run in 18 IP against the Yankees' line-up is pretty amazing.

Post subject: Re: Felix Hernandez is a beast
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:28 pm 

And as a Javier Vazquez owner, I say Felix can shove it. Vazquez pitched well in both of those games and got 0 wins for me. Thanks, Joba, for blowing that one for me!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:48 pm 

If the M's ever got an offense (or a bullpen that didn't blow leads), Felix would win 20 a year easy and the M's could crack 85 wins no problem.

King Felix would be a national sensation---being constantly shoved down our throats by ESPN---if he played on the East Coast.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:09 am 

BBF wrote:
And as a Javier Vazquez owner, I say Felix can shove it. Vazquez pitched well in both of those games and got 0 wins for me. Thanks, Joba, for blowing that one for me!

Bucfan became a Joba fan on Saturday night. :D

NSMaster56 wrote:
If the M's ever got an offense (or a bullpen that didn't blow leads), Felix would win 20 a year easy and the M's could crack 85 wins no problem. King Felix would be a national sensation---being constantly shoved down our throats by ESPN---if he played on the East Coast.

I hear 'ya. Watching Hernandez, Verlander, Josh Johnson, and Greinke, I feel like Strasburg is not that much of an upgrade over those guys. All five have incredible control at very high velocity, and a filthy offspeed that is darn tough to recognize.