Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:45 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I kinda like my team now.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:02 pm 

Saves are apparently going to be an issue, but I feel that Soriano and Wagner (who have COMBINED for five so far) are going to pick it up. Wins ... John Lester is busy taking a dump on my team. If I had a bag of donuts in his place, my ERA and WHIP would be light years better.

Effing Red Sox. Never should have trusted their players. :evil:

On the other hand, the Yankee players - all three of them - on Bucfan's team are doing very, very well. Gardner was a scrap heap pick-up. His runs, OBP and SB's (he leads the AL with 9 right now) are a huge reason my offense is staying within striking distance.

Post subject: Re: I kinda like my team now.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:29 pm 

My offense looks like it will at least be competitive, but I don't think anyone will catch Five Year Plan- at least in HR and RBI. I get Kinsler back soon, which will be a tremendous upgrade over stopgap Adam Kennedy. I chose not to spend a draft pick to get a backup 2Bman, figuring I would be able to grab a Prado or something off the waiver wire, but all the decent stopgaps got drafted.

Pitching-wise, I'm getting more than a K per inning out of my guys so far. However, I am dead friggin last in ERA and WHIP, by a lot. And saves are going to be tough to get since one of my closers- Francisco- has already lost his job and another- Qualls- could lose his in the very near future.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:05 pm 

I'm still in the I dont know stages of my team...one day they are great, the next two suck...I have a high on base % but no runs...I have saves, but a high WHIP...

My big power threat has been Paul Konerko and some of my stars have yet to step it up yet, like Markakis...And some of my pitchers have pretty much sucked, and some believe may have elbow troubles, except Oswalt, who will have to throw complete game shutouts so he can register any wins...

I have a feeling I'm going to muddle in 6 to 10 place all year...So much for the "Dave Littlefield Guide To Fantasy Baseball Draft" that I bought...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:17 pm 

Bucfan wrote:
Saves are apparently going to be an issue, but I feel that Soriano and Wagner (who have COMBINED for five so far) are going to pick it up. Wins ... John Lester is busy taking a dump on my team. If I had a bag of donuts in his place, my ERA and WHIP would be light years better.

So... then you DON'T want Mariano Rivera? :?:

As for my team, it stinks. But I expected as much when I drafted mostly young players and no Pitchers. Cliff Lee's injury hasn't helped.

But this is a keeper league, so I'm not panicking.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:45 pm 

NSMaster56 wrote:
So... then you DON'T want Mariano Rivera? :?:

Always looking to improve. I am willing, for the next 24 hours, to give you "the next Greg Maddux," Josh Fogg, in return for Rivera.