Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:17 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy League Dispersal Draft
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:10 pm 

Good selections by all. Repeatedly, I would hope that a player would "slide through" only to see him picked up.

My strategy has always been, get the premium positions taken care of early: SS, 2B, C, starting pitching.

I did all of the above, except for SS. Somebody who shall remain nameless took Jeter, keeping me from having a bullet-proof draft. :evil: :evil: :evil:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:13 pm 

Hugo...what's up.....I am dying to finish my team here!!!

The Derektown Bells

10 keeps
Texiera
Zimmerman
Jeter
Santana
Roberts
Choo
Granderson
Weaver
Garza
Hunter

I'm happy with it

Last edited by JimY on Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

i go out with my man Nate the Great McLouth...

New Amsterdam was a Dutch settlement est. at the southern tip of Manhattan Island which served as seat of the colonial government in the New Dutch territory. It was renamed New York in honor of the then Duke of York.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:14 pm 

Had fun everyone. Gotta go pick up Chinese now.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:16 pm 

Closing out the dispersal draft....

I select Rick Porcello. No sophomore slump for him. He is going to step up big!!!

Great job everyone! We were able to knock this out quickly!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:17 pm 

i am happy with my drafts too... completed a decent 10 picks

C - V-Mart
1b - D.Ortiz
2b - Uggla
SS - Tulowitzki

OF - Bay
OF - McLouth

P - Greinke
P - Harden
P - Jiminez
P - Nolasco

New Amsterdam was a Dutch settlement est. at the southern tip of Manhattan Island which served as seat of the colonial government in the New Dutch territory. It was renamed New York in honor of the then Duke of York.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:18 pm 

the only surprise is that AJ Burnett was not picked...

to me

and 2 closers, but there will be plenty available after the others show their keepers...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:26 pm 

this is it:

NSMASTERS - Longoria * Ellsbury * Morneau * C.Lee * Philips * Wieters * Rivera * Webb * A.Jones * Kazmir

BUCFAN - Mauer * F.Hernandez * R.Cano * M.Cain * J.Lester * J.Johnson * L.Berkman * N.Cruz * C.Beltran * H.Pence

JIMY - Texeira * R.Zimmerman * Jeter * J.Santana * B.Roberts * Granderson * Choo * J.Weaver * Garza * T.Hunter

PF_NL - Tulowitzki * Greinke * V-Mart * Bay * Harden * Jiminez * Uggla * Ortiz * Nolasco * McLouth

C ANDERSON - McCutchen * J.Upton * Verlander * Votto * W.Rodriquez * Broxton * Price * Posada * A.Soriano * Porcello

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:29 pm 

I'm happy with my team too. Also surprised to see AJ Burnett...but I worry about injury with him. Here is my team (hopefully it makes it easier for BBF)

OF Andrew McCutchen
OF Justin Upton
OF Alfonso Soriano
1B Joey Votto
C Jorge Posada
SP Rick Porcello
SP David Price
SP Wandy Rodriguez
SP Justin Verlander
RP Johnathan Broxton

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:20 pm 

I was wrong when I said the pickins would be slim. We each got 10 good players. Never had to scrape the bottom too much.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:04 pm 

There were a lot of good players, since it was a 10-team league with both NL and AL players.

The dispersal had a clear shortage at SS and 3B. Very deep in starting pitching.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:43 pm 

Sweet, now that its done, we can move on the to trading. For the new guys I have a lot of depth to deal if you want to supplement your new found rosters.

I have Derrek Lee, Carlos Lee, Bartlett, Blanks, Carlos Gonzalez, and Fowler as bats and Lackey, Billingsley, Happ, Feliz as SP, as well as Bell, Aardsma, and Franklin at closer.

Looking for a 2 for 1.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:58 pm 

Barrys Dopers wrote:
Sweet, now that its done, we can move on the to trading. For the new guys I have a lot of depth to deal if you want to supplement your new found rosters.

I have Derrek Lee, Carlos Lee, Bartlett, Blanks, Carlos Gonzalez, and Fowler as bats and Lackey, Billingsley, Happ, Feliz as SP, as well as Bell, Aardsma, and Franklin at closer.

Looking for a 2 for 1.

i guess that if you want to trade mr dopers... you should come to these 5 teams and propose a trade...

but nobody of us has CAPPS or BIXLER... Sorry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:16 am 

Right now, I don't think we can trade any player(s) except for those who are subject to the keeper roster.

I am going to be very active in trading, but have to wait for the open draft and final roster before dealing players, Barrys. Not sure how others look at this.

P.S. Cannot do a 2-for-1 in the current roster situation, since only 10 can be protected. Therefore, one of the guys obtained in a 2-1 would be lost, or somebody else off the roster would be lost.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:35 am 

Bucfan wrote:
Right now, I don't think we can trade any player(s) except for those who are subject to the keeper roster.

I am going to be very active in trading, but have to wait for the open draft and final roster before dealing players, Barrys. Not sure how others look at this.

P.S. Cannot do a 2-for-1 in the current roster situation, since only 10 can be protected. Therefore, one of the guys obtained in a 2-1 would be lost, or somebody else off the roster would be lost.

I think that is the point, Bucfan. A 2-for-1 trade lets you upgrade the back end of your roster, should you feel the back end of your roster needs upgrading. So, for instance, Barry (hypothetically) feels that he has 15 viable keepers. He can afford to give up 5 good keepers. If you feel one or two of your guys are mediocre as far as keepers go, you could get 2 or 3 better players by giving Barry (or me!!!!) a true stud keeper (or some draft picks). However, you are right that if you are happy with your 10, it doesn't make sense to do 2-1 trades.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:02 am 

BBF wrote:
I think that is the point, Bucfan. A 2-for-1 trade lets you upgrade the back end of your roster, should you feel the back end of your roster needs upgrading. So, for instance, Barry (hypothetically) feels that he has 15 viable keepers. He can afford to give up 5 good keepers. If you feel one or two of your guys are mediocre as far as keepers go, you could get 2 or 3 better players by giving Barry (or me!!!!) a true stud keeper (or some draft picks).

True ... but protecting only 10 means that I (and others) have too many holes to fill to wind up losing players from the present roster, and in the process lose a true stud (like Mauer or Herndandez). Just seems like a dubious strategy to me.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:43 am 

Bucfan wrote:
BBF wrote:
I think that is the point, Bucfan. A 2-for-1 trade lets you upgrade the back end of your roster, should you feel the back end of your roster needs upgrading. So, for instance, Barry (hypothetically) feels that he has 15 viable keepers. He can afford to give up 5 good keepers. If you feel one or two of your guys are mediocre as far as keepers go, you could get 2 or 3 better players by giving Barry (or me!!!!) a true stud keeper (or some draft picks).

True ... but protecting only 10 means that I (and others) have too many holes to fill to wind up losing players from the present roster, and in the process lose a true stud (like Mauer or Herndandez). Just seems like a dubious strategy to me.

Bucfan, you are right that the strategy only makes sense if you feel that you only have 6 or 7 good keepers on your roster. In that case getting 2 or 3 for 1 makes sense, but if your happy with your 10 then it certainly doesn't work for you. Wow, this sounds a bit like NH's strategy the last two years, add quantity in trades.

You have to remember that with 120 players kept we are starting the draft in round 13 essentially. There won't be very many top players available at that point. Everyteam needs to maximize the quality of their 10 guys or they will be at a huge disadvantage before we even draft.

BBF, are we allowing pick trades too?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:07 pm 

Ok Ok...

So now i am curious and ask all vetaran fantasy players..

Rank the dispersal draft on grades... i am curious what all you guys think....

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:49 pm 

PiratesFan.from.NL wrote:
Ok Ok...

So now i am curious and ask all vetaran fantasy players..

Rank the dispersal draft on grades... i am curious what all you guys think....

In no particular order ...

A-. B+, A, B+, and A-

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next