Proud fans of a 131-year old tradition

It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:27 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The 2016 UPPMB Fantasy Baseball Information Thread
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:17 pm 

Welcome to the 2016 Unofficial Pittsburgh Pirates Message Board Fantasy Baseball Season thread. Here is what I am proposing (also noted in my e-mail to each manager):

• We designate keepers on March 20, 2016
  • We hold the draft on Monday, March 28, 2016 at 8:00 p.m. EST. I thought about doing the draft on Sunday, earlier in the day, to help Dutch, but Chris pointed out that Sunday, March 27 is Easter.
  • We have the same roster spots - C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, MI, CI, OF, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, RP, P, P, P, Bn, Bn, with 3 DL spots. That is 25 roster spots, the same as major league teams.
  • The league is roto ... I am 100% willing to listen to making the league H2H, however. What say you?
  • I will keep the 50 roster move limit.
  • We can still trade draft picks.
  • Trades are presumed valid, but we as league members retain the right to say "no" if a trade just makes no sense. (I still think Willingham is a keeper ... )
  • Dutch is not allowed to have all the nice 3rd basemen. Donaldson, Machado, Bryant AND Frazier???
  • Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, for the love of God - no auto-drafting. Seriously, picking your own team is kind of important.

How do the dates look?

Post subject: Re: The 2016 UPPMB Fantasy Baseball Information Thread
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:45 pm 

I am all fine with it Bucfan..

I also want to announce 2 trades made between Studs on Steroids and Buccoblast 21

Trade A Dee Gordon & 15th rounder pick (studs) for 9th rounder pick (Buccoblast)

Trade B Giancarlo Stanton & 19th rounder pick (studs) for 7th rounder pick (buccoblast)

*** edited 20th rounder for 19th rounder as studs has no 20th rounder left in this years draft

New Amsterdam was a Dutch settlement est. at the southern tip of Manhattan Island which served as seat of the colonial government in the New Dutch territory. It was renamed New York in honor of the then Duke of York.

Last edited by The DUTCH guy on Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:47 pm 

I may be traveling on the 28th. I'll keep you updated.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:26 am 

Not traveling that week. Should be good for the draft.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:40 pm 

Bucfan wrote:
Welcome to the 2016 Unofficial Pittsburgh Pirates Message Board Fantasy Baseball Season thread. Here is what I am proposing (also noted in my e-mail to each manager):

• We designate keepers on March 20, 2016
  • We hold the draft on Monday, March 28, 2016 at 8:00 p.m. EST. I thought about doing the draft on Sunday, earlier in the day, to help Dutch, but Chris pointed out that Sunday, March 27 is Easter.
  • We have the same roster spots - C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, MI, CI, OF, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, RP, P, P, P, Bn, Bn, with 3 DL spots. That is 25 roster spots, the same as major league teams.
  • The league is roto ... I am 100% willing to listen to making the league H2H, however. What say you?
  • I will keep the 50 roster move limit.
  • We can still trade draft picks.
  • Trades are presumed valid, but we as league members retain the right to say "no" if a trade just makes no sense. (I still think Willingham is a keeper ... )
  • Dutch is not allowed to have all the nice 3rd basemen. Donaldson, Machado, Bryant AND Frazier???
  • please, please, please, please, please, for the love of God - no auto-drafting. Seriously, picking your own team is kind of important.

How do the dates look?

• We designate keepers - Awesome, Another 7 days of wondering why nobody trades for Frazier, Archer or Kluber??
  • We hold the draft on - Completely get the Dutchman out of his sleep - 02.00 in the night but Kewl by me
  • We have the same roster spots - Will Be hard to keep Pedro Florimon on the roster then....
  • The league is roto ... - I like Roto over h2h mostly, but if any of u play more leagues and need a new manager, sign me up..
  • I will keep the 50 - Still think thats a good extra to the league, but hope all players are aware
  • We can still trade draft picks. - Did i post it right with the trades of Buccoblast & me.. and come on.. Frazier, Anybody?
  • Trades are presumed valid - Would be odd to boycott my own trades huh?
  • Dutch is not allowed - The Dutch are always allowed anything, if it's smart is another thing.. Frazier Anybody?
  • please, please, please - I like the thought of monitoring actives and unactives to decide a BOOT up tha Hiney if needed

New Amsterdam was a Dutch settlement est. at the southern tip of Manhattan Island which served as seat of the colonial government in the New Dutch territory. It was renamed New York in honor of the then Duke of York.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:30 pm 

Bucfan, thought we could change keepers till 20th instead of 13th, but cant get to it on the yahoo page anymore..

not sure now what my last input was on keepers, and what i picked..

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:26 pm 

Still not able to set my keepers