Proud fans of a 131-year old tradition

It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:25 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Trades
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:14 pm 

How come after a trade has been accepted, it takes like three days for it to become official? I offered a trade to Dan, and he accepted on, i think, sunday, but the players do not actually change teams until wednesday. I'm just wondering why that is the case.

Post subject: Re: Trades
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:42 am 

TheTimeIsNow wrote:
How come after a trade has been accepted, it takes like three days for it to become official? I offered a trade to Dan, and he accepted on, i think, sunday, but the players do not actually change teams until wednesday. I'm just wondering why that is the case.

The trade has to be reviewed and approved by the other managers and the league commissioner. The amount of time for Yahoo trades seems a bit excessive to me, so I will pose a question on the league site, asking if we agree to reduce the voting to 2 days, rather than 3.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:50 am 

Bucfan wrote:
TheTimeIsNow wrote:

The trade has to be reviewed and approved by the other managers and the league commissioner. The amount of time for Yahoo trades seems a bit excessive to me, so I will pose a question on the league site, asking if we agree to reduce the voting to 2 days, rather than 3.

Alright thanks. I'm glad im not the only one who thinks that.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:18 pm 

Also, I am wondering how often you guys have traded players in the past. My team was pretty bad even after the draft, so I have sent about 10 different trade offers. Since then, I have gone from 12th place to 8th place.

I am trying to get a feel of how players are valued in this league and how draft picks are valued, so if I send you a horrible offer, I apologize. I encourage everybody to send counter offers if they don't like the initial offer.

I'd like to compare myself to Neal Huntington ;) This is my first year with my team, so I am in full rebuild mode, and expect to be good in the near future.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:46 am 

TheTimeIsNow wrote:
Also, I am wondering how often you guys have traded players in the past. My team was pretty bad even after the draft, so I have sent about 10 different trade offers. Since then, I have gone from 12th place to 8th place.

I am trying to get a feel of how players are valued in this league and how draft picks are valued, so if I send you a horrible offer, I apologize. I encourage everybody to send counter offers if they don't like the initial offer.

I'd like to compare myself to Neal Huntington ;) This is my first year with my team, so I am in full rebuild mode, and expect to be good in the near future.

Great question, Robbie - GREAT QUESTION.

I send out a zillion trade offers a week. Sometimes, when I get an offer (*cough*), I have to think about a counter. I basically never flat-out reject a trade - I look for SOMETHING that could work. That is why on occasion, I take some time to respond to an offer, rather than just say "nope."

I will tell you that certain manager deal, and others are tough to get to respond, let alone deal. I made 11 trades and used 49 roster moves one season. Make offers ... If you get no response, then try to PM the manager, and e-mail, and keep prodding.

Finally, some managers are like Chuck Noll (you are too young to remember him) and never move down with draft picks. A certain league commissioner may be one of those ...