2. STephen Strassburg
3. Josh Donaldson
4. Chris Bryant
5. Jorge Soler
6. Jacoby Ellsbury
7. Robinson Cano

i tend to keep 7

Dutch - you have to keep 8.

Keeping 7 does you no good, since you will not then get the only "8th round pick."

The draft is starting in round 9, with each team designating 8 keepers.

OYOYOY.... that would have been the procedure in normal keepers leagues.. and just wanted to put some extra oil on the discussion..

then my no.8 keeper would become M.Tanaka -SP

New Amsterdam was a Dutch settlement est. at the southern tip of Manhattan Island which served as seat of the colonial government in the New Dutch territory. It was renamed New York in honor of the then Duke of York.

Post subject: Re: Trade Announcment and news re draft
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:39 pm 

The type and order of the draft should reflect what kind of league we want.

A straight draft in reverse order of finish is designed to help the teams that finished the worst become competitive in the shortest amount of time (theoretically) because every round they will pick before the teams that finished ahead of them.

A snake draft in reverse order of finish is a more balanced style of drafting for obvious reasons.

Normally a draft that is in random order is designed to prevent teams from tanking late in the season to increase chances for improved draft position.

Having said that, I don't care what type of draft we have, but if a gun was put to my head and I had to choose it would be a snake draft in reverse order. You can use my vote in case of a tie since I really don't care.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:44 am 

Draft type doesn't matter much to me. If we kept a few more guys I'd say it should definitely be reverse order of finish.

My vote would go for random.

Just to throw out another possibility, another keeper league I'm in we have a random draft but it's based on a weighted lottery of last years standings. So 12th place team gets 12 chances, 11th gets 11 and so on...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:18 pm 

So Beerman advises that I mucked up the time for the keeper designation. I think that the site did not allow me to select an actual time for the designation, so the system set it for midnight, PST.

That means that the keeper lists have been set.

I tried to edit the keeper data, but I am unable to do so because the site advises that "the keeper deadline has already passed."

So here is what I am going to do. I am going to finalize the keeper lists. If a manager wants to revise his list, simply post here what change(s) you wish.

I will make the requested changes up through Sunday, March 22, 2015 at 5:00 p.m. You need to give me any changes or revisions no later than that date and time, which gives you an additional 48 hours to designate keepers.

To other managers - PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE stay away from the free agent list. Once you designate keepers, that is your team until the draft. You are NOT allowed to try and add a FA prior to the draft.

After the draft? Game on.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:47 pm 

Bryant is mine muahwmuahwmuahw

New Amsterdam was a Dutch settlement est. at the southern tip of Manhattan Island which served as seat of the colonial government in the New Dutch territory. It was renamed New York in honor of the then Duke of York.