The Shift

Talk Pittsburgh Pirates baseball with fans from around the world. Discuss major league and minor league baseball as well.
Az Bucco fan

The Shift

Post by Az Bucco fan »

What the hell are they doing in a shift with one out and the bases loaded? You take the DP pretty much outta play and then what happens? Taylor made grounder to second...but oops...no one there...that's bad setup and I don't care what metrics say....oh and that woulda ended the inning and it would only be 7-0.... :lol: music on since 4th...the combo of McFort McHenry and Block is unlistenable....time to crack a Mind Haze.... :D :D :D
Ralphie

Re: The Shift

Post by Ralphie »

I didn't see the play but I agree about the announcers. I don't give a rat's ass what either of those two have to say.
Blackbeard

Post by Blackbeard »

They need to bring Lanny back.He knows his stuff.He didnt make the telecast all about himself like a lot of new people do today.
“The Autumn Wind Is A Pirate”
bucco boy

Post by bucco boy »

Block is and has been awful. Don't get it
The Bucs Are Going All The Way, All The Way, All The Way
statscbl

Post by statscbl »

McKenry can't speak without running at least 10 sentences together.
statscbl

Post by statscbl »

I understand why teams shift, but it is bad for viewing for TV. Someone hits a liner up the middle and you have no idea if it is a hit or not. You also don't see very many athletic plays by your infielders.
Black & Gold

Post by Black & Gold »

The shift that would help the Pirates more than any other would be for MLB to allow Pirate outfielders to position themselves in the stands. If they catch the ball, it's an out.
Az Bucco fan

Post by Az Bucco fan »

Black & Gold wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:23 pm The shift that would help the Pirates more than any other would be for MLB to allow Pirate outfielders to position themselves in the stands. If they catch the ball, it's an out.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Black & Gold

Post by Black & Gold »

Az Bucco fan wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:55 pm
Black & Gold wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:23 pm The shift that would help the Pirates more than any other would be for MLB to allow Pirate outfielders to position themselves in the stands. If they catch the ball, it's an out.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And think of the entertainment value of the outfielders battling fans for the ball. Would make Steve Bartman an afterthought.