Todd Frazier

Talk Pittsburgh Pirates baseball with fans from around the world. Discuss major league and minor league baseball as well.
Blackbeard

Todd Frazier

Post by Blackbeard »

When will we see him called up? And do we really need that many pitchers right now?
“The Autumn Wind Is A Pirate”
Corsair

Re: Todd Frazier

Post by Corsair »

I know, did I just hear them say yesterday they are carrying fourteen pitchers? Fourteen pitchers, leaving you with only two true back ups as one has to be your back up catcher.
bucco boy

Post by bucco boy »

Don't understand the guy you called up yesterday. Frazier would be better choice to come off the bench. Newman, Gonzalez, Evans and Moran can cover the left side of the infield.
The Bucs Are Going All The Way, All The Way, All The Way
Blackbeard

Post by Blackbeard »

Agree 100%
“The Autumn Wind Is A Pirate”
statscbl

Post by statscbl »

I understand that in today's game, teams want to load up on a bunch of pitchers that can throw hard for an inning or two. However, from an entertainment point of view, I miss the days when you had a big bench. I don't get too excited about the 11th thru 14 pitchers on the roster.
jollyroger

Post by jollyroger »

Corsair wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:09 pm I know, did I just hear them say yesterday they are carrying fourteen pitchers? Fourteen pitchers, leaving you with only two true back ups as one has to be your back up catcher.
Roster size is 26 players for this year and the 13 pitcher limit has been waived.
ZelieMike

Post by ZelieMike »

Frazier cannot come up yet. Covid Protocols. Need someone in the interim.

ZM