Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:23 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: how does the schedule work like this..
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:09 am 

the giants who obviously play in the NL West have played the Astros 3 seperate times this year, twice at home (2 - 3 game series) and once on the road (1 - 3 game series). They are a non division team so they should play them once at home and once on the road. The Pirates play everybody outside of the NL Central once at home and once on the road.

this is one of the problems with baseball and thankfully next year it should be more even, I dont think it is right that some teams play more difficult random schedules than others, the pirates get the luxary of usually not having to play the yankees, or red sox and tend to usually get teams like the royals, orioles, twins and indians during interleague.

the nfl has a set schedule, every division plays one division from the other conference and one from their conference and after they play their division they play 2 teams from their conference based on where they finished the year before.

baseball scheduling is so random, if the pirates get the wild card this year and win it by one game and the team we beat had to play the yankees, rays and angels than yea I would be happy but i think it is dumb scheduling, they should have an even flow that is fair, and believe me I know baseball is not fair, but that is the problem....

perhaps I rambled on but, just expressing my opinion

Post subject: Re: how does the schedule work like this..
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:34 am 

batterup wrote:
the giants who obviously play in the NL West have played the Astros 3 seperate times this year, twice at home (2 - 3 game series) and once on the road (1 - 3 game series). They are a non division team so they should play them once at home and once on the road. The Pirates play everybody outside of the NL Central once at home and once on the road.

this is one of the problems with baseball and thankfully next year it should be more even, I dont think it is right that some teams play more difficult random schedules than others, the pirates get the luxary of usually not having to play the yankees, or red sox and tend to usually get teams like the royals, orioles, twins and indians during interleague.

the nfl has a set schedule, every division plays one division from the other conference and one from their conference and after they play their division they play 2 teams from their conference based on where they finished the year before.

baseball scheduling is so random, if the pirates get the wild card this year and win it by one game and the team we beat had to play the yankees, rays and angels than yea I would be happy but i think it is dumb scheduling, they should have an even flow that is fair, and believe me I know baseball is not fair, but that is the problem....

I dont have a problem with the opponents as much as I have with the scheduled games, like 20 straight games including a west coast trip or a 3 game series at Chicago, a 2 game series in Houston, and then back to home to Pittsburgh. It seems like the Pirates have not had the schedule makers on their side in recent years. But I guess since they've sucked so long that's the treatment you get.

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:19 pm 

batterup wrote:

The once at home once on the road has to do with the fact we are the ONLY division with 6 teams. Will be fixed next year.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:24 pm 

rellimie wrote:
batterup wrote:

The once at home once on the road has to do with the fact we are the ONLY division with 6 teams. Will be fixed next year.

I am too looking forward to Interleague Baseball all year next year. I am tired of it already.

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:26 pm 

Yes. Very much looking forward to next season, when there will be a mostly-not-convoluted schedule for the first time since 1993.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:44 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Judge Landis wrote:
Yes. Very much looking forward to next season, when there will be a mostly-not-convoluted schedule for the first time since 1993.

I just wish they would have sent Cincinnati or St Louis over to the AL instead of Houston.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:52 pm 

Bud cares about money. He doesn't care about integrity.