Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:17 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Another hit player
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:38 pm 

Come on it was the first pitch we need to hit players back stop letting them just pound on us.

Post subject: Re: Another hit player
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:42 pm 

If JMac drills someone & gets tossed, is there further punishment?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:44 pm 

I don't think it should be if they can stand up for there players why can't we?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:49 pm 

I don't know. I think, leading 7-0, we can just brush this one off. Retaliating seems like it would be kind of bush league at this point. Just my opinion.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:52 pm 

Another homerun by Pedro helps, but I agree that we need to plunk someone. This team needs some aggressiveness outside of hitting home runs. We need a blench-clearer, especially against those damned Reds.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:55 pm 

Judge Landis wrote:
I don't know. I think, leading 7-0, we can just brush this one off. Retaliating seems like it would be kind of bush league at this point. Just my opinion.

And considering we already knocked out one of their players in a hard collision at the plate, I see no reason why we need to one-up the Cards.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:57 pm 

Too bad this wasn't the brewers. I'd say plunk Braun just for shits & giggles.
Always got tomorrow. Plunk someone before we are warned just for taking the field.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:57 pm 

Yes we can brush it off but we also brushed off the reds we need to take a stand some time were just showing other teams its ok to hit us we wont do anything about it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:59 pm 

Mister Pittsburgh wrote:
Always got tomorrow. Plunk someone before we are warned just for taking the field.

Amen. Got another chance to hit that SOB this weekend in Milwaukee.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:11 pm 

Charleston_Charlies wrote:
Mister Pittsburgh wrote:

Amen. Got another chance to hit that SOB this weekend in Milwaukee.

It would probably just plug in his vagina like a 9 iron on a wet green.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:12 pm 

Plays like the one where Harrison knocked out Molina are the kind of plays that I hope wake this team up from the lure they've been in. June and July couldn't of been that big a fluke for this team not to finish up August strong and roll through Sept. I hope.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:13 pm 

Willton wrote:
Judge Landis wrote:

And considering we already knocked out one of their players in a hard collision at the plate, I see no reason why we need to one-up the Cards.

This...We are up 8-0. Take the high road right now. Tomorrow is only about 3 hours away.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:28 pm 

buccosfan77 wrote:
Plays like the one where Harrison knocked out Molina are the kind of plays that I hope wake this team up from the lure they've been in. June and July couldn't of been that big a fluke for this team not to finish up August strong and roll through Sept. I hope.

lets hope so

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:20 am 

Judge Landis wrote:

The home plate umpire gave warnings to both benches after Harrison was hit. Bob Walk was not happy on the radio side about the warning being issued.

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:37 am 

nad69dan wrote:
Judge Landis wrote:

The home plate umpire gave warnings to both benches after Harrison was hit. Bob Walk was not happy on the radio side about the warning being issued.

Neither was Hurdle. I think that's what bothered players, coaches, fans alike. Once again a warning gets issued when we get hit before we've done anything. Happened in Cincy as well. It was a little bizarre how they waited to hit Harrison until the 2nd time he came up after the incident. He led off the next inning after everything went down and nothing happened. Then they hit him the next time in a situation where a couple of base runners are on.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:50 am 

RoxyChar wrote:
nad69dan wrote:
Judge Landis wrote:

Neither was Hurdle. I think that's what bothered players, coaches, fans alike. Once again a warning gets issued when we get hit before we've done anything. Happened in Cincy as well. It was a little bizarre how they waited to hit Harrison until the 2nd time he came up after the incident. He led off the next inning after everything went down and nothing happened. Then they hit him the next time in a situation where a couple of base runners are on.

Yadier Molina is one of the best players on the Cardinals; certainly one of the most important. He took a big hit and may be out for a while. Even if it was not dirty, Harrison getting hit below the knee in a game that was no longer in contention is (1) expected and (2) not a big deal. Harrison didn't glare at Westbrook or do anything that would suggest that he took offense. As Hurdle said . . . "it was a baseball play." Whether Resop would have also made a "baseball play" is up for debate . . . Hurdle was simply advocating that the warning prevented the Pirates from having that option and also running the risk of having a reliever suspended if he either (1) made a retaliatory "baseball play" or (2) made a mistake pitch.

Westbrook comes up and in? Different story.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:00 pm 

Yeah that's what I said as well. Hurdle and the rest of Bucco world were more annoyed about the premature warning (again).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:38 pm 

We came out on top in this one in every way. Their guy got hurt, ours didn't. We won the game, in a rout. And Westbrook hit our guy in the middle of a rally, which continued on after the beaning, putting a bunch of runs on his stat sheet.